Eroica Brittania where is it?

PerB

Old School Hero
I just got the email confirming that Eroica Brittania is moving to a place called, Friden Grange within the hamlet of Friden in the parish of Hartington Nether Quarter, Derbyshire, England. I have googled this Place and used Google Earth to have a look at the area. It seems to be nothing there, no infrastructure what so ever. Miles avay from the nearest town, (the small village of Biggin is quite close but thats it).

I hope I am wrong , but this is no good news for us that prefer to stay at a B&B or hotel close to the festival area. Bakewell has been just perfect, with hotels, B&B and guesthouses. I am doubious if we are going back to stay in a field in the middle of nowhere !

You are correct, there is nothing there - well, a petrol station and a brick works, but that's it. Nearest villages are Hartington and Youlgrave several miles away. There are Youth Hostels, B&B's and pubs in both. But Bakewell it isn't.

Re:

There is actually a hotell in Biggin, but as expected all rooms are already booked, I assum by the organizers to sell as a package deal by someone close to the organizers.

Terrible idea, terrible location. Whether Bakewell residents put pressure on event to move away, or councillors started imposing restrictions and fees, I don't know. But the results is that fewer people will want to be a captive punter in a field in the middle of nowhere for 3 days, me included.

Re:

Its not my bag....but this is just sooooo typically 'English' :facepalm: They always meddle with things and spoil it in the end. Fkin protest group forming nimbies again, probably.

Back