Elec'Trek' shocker

But is the Trek used as a basis any good in the first place? There were a lot of cheap trashy y-frame copycat full sussers BITD
Is this alloy framed Trek a good one? Or is it relatively low end and ok to "re-purpose" as iy was poop anyway??

IIRC (probably not, but that's a different discussion!) Trek were (one of?) the Y frame pioneers & the OCLV carbon ones look quite nice to be fair. This does seem to be a lower end model though, A10 drivetrain possibly? If I'm brutally honest though, even if it was the naked carbon fibre one it'd be fair game for "whatever" as they're all URT hence don't work properly.

I love the dual rear view mirrors, although they are a bit small. Given that there is also a camera mounted beneath, I feel that the opportunity for a full head-up display with virtual telemetry is an obvious 'miss' on this build...

Plus.... that red button... what is it...? what does it do? Turbo boost? Stealth cloaking mode? Ejector Seat?.... I want to press it!!

I love the dual rear view mirrors, although they are a bit small. Given that there is also a camera mounted beneath, I feel that the opportunity for a full head-up display with virtual telemetry is an obvious 'miss' on this build...

Plus.... that red button... what is it...? what does it do? Turbo boost? Stealth cloaking mode? Ejector Seat?.... I want to press it!!

I'm tempted to do something similar with a Yeti DH4 just to annoy the purists.

red button.gif

But is the Trek used as a basis any good in the first place?
Unified Rear Triangle is cheap to make as the 2 parts are separate and need little alignment.
Trek stuck with it long after proper frame designers knew it was no good for mtb (doesn't work at all if you stand up)
Muddock's (trek Bristol dealer 90s) sales staff were embarrassed to be selling them as they knew they were rubbish.
Still sold them though.
Sales target bonuses to achieve😉

The sit-down EBike might just be the perfect application.
Especially if its constructed by a gig worker with a van load of gaffer tape and an illegal Chinese £200 amazon motor who's never ridden a bike before, and probably doesn't have a car licence or any road experience of any description whatsoever👌

Back