eBay sellers not answering questions!

Re:

He obviously didn’t want to ship a bike to the US and would rather it not sell than have that hassle.

Ishaw- shifters are the item that I’ve had most issues with on eBay by people claiming they don’t work. So on every pair of shifters I sell now I mount them to a bar and video them working prior to posting with the buyers details in the video. It’s amazing how suddenly they work again once you send a video or mention you have one. It must be magic.

I just asked a seller if the Alloy forks they are selling are an Aluminium alloy or a Steel Alloy to which they replied they are 100% Alloy which is pretty much a contradiction in terms. Yes they are more than likely Aluminium but I just wanted to check but I'm still not certain of what the material is just certain that the seller, a shop don't know either. Ended up buying them as they were cheap and I need them regardless of material but I'll be happier if they are Aluminium Alloy.

Re:

A new one today, starting with an all too familiar annoyance...

Bike advertised has been photographed from the non-drive side, including several copies of the same pic :roll: Then some close ups of the front and a pic from the rear - but no drive side shot.
I've asked the seller if he could supply a picture of the other side, only for him to reply "It's exactly the same! Apart from a chainset and gears!" :facepalm:

OP, offers can be automated. You only have to visit the page/watch it to get one.

I will generally answer questions if the person on the other end seems legit/won't be a pain in the ass and the item is worth a sizeable amount. Some stuff just seems to be an open invite for scammers/chancers/time wasters. I had a bike on eBay last year and must have had a dozen people contact me about it - could I hold it, would I sell it super cheap because their car had broken down, they were planning to buy it the very next day etc. None of them actually bought it and I sold it on Facebook instead. Even after I closed the listing some of them were still contacting me.

Low priced stuff ie a tenner or under - most of the time I've only put it up there so it doesn't go to landfill, because after eBay/Paypal/postage it's not covering my time to go the post office. I'm not going to answer lots of questions on that.

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":lbduj6mm said:
A new one today, starting with an all too familiar annoyance...

Bike advertised has been photographed from the non-drive side, including several copies of the same pic :roll: Then some close ups of the front and a pic from the rear - but no drive side shot.
I've asked the seller if he could supply a picture of the other side, only for him to reply "It's exactly the same! Apart from a chainset and gears!" :facepalm:

:LOL: that's what you do when you want to hide something. It's very prevalent with 2nd hand shoes. Avoid pictures of the soles to hide true usage...

Re:

Only one thing worse, buyers not answering your questions!
As a seller I always answer questions or stupid offers as politely as possible, however I also tend to block buyers who send idiotic questions or insane offers.

Removing stuff from sale, because you dont think your going to get enough for it!

If you list it starting at 99p, expect that you might get 99p. Dont waste everybody's time bidding only to pull out the day before it ends!

Start at the minimum you want, surely?

Also, why t.f., put your gouged to death deore chainset with razor point teeth on for £99 or best offer, then completly refuse offers?! Your wasting your own and everybody else's time....you can see what they sell for in completed items.

Tootyred":5v6nprim said:
Removing stuff from sale, because you dont think your going to get enough for it!

If you list it starting at 99p, expect that you might get 99p. Dont waste everybody's time bidding only to pull out the day before it ends!

Start at the minimum you want, surely?

Also, why t.f., put your gouged to death deore chainset with razor point teeth on for £99 or best offer, then completly refuse offers?! Your wasting your own and everybody else's time....you can see what they sell for in completed items.

IIRC it used to cost more depending on the starting price for an auction, and that might even be true for listing a buy it now without a best offer.

No. Its now the same....well seems to always be free listing anyway.

I think is just people want the audience, but then when it dont reach the sky high figure they feel it should be, pull out

One of the worst things was removing the posted questions and answers from the bottom of the auction listing. You could choose to post the question/answer for all to see if you thought it was going to be useful, or just to avoid repeat questions.

Latest posts

Back