eBay prices and sellers

Re:

Theres a guy near me who buys mediocre to crap bikes and takes parts off then lists them for 2-3 times what they are worth, I get its how he makes cash but its brutal

He got called out on a Facebook group for buying a bike, promising to fix it up and add it to his "collection" but sticking it on ebay for 4x what he bought it for...

Re:

Same here. One local guy advertising on every local for sale website. He’ll disappear from one go to another.. ads saying he wants to buy bikes with flat tires... and ads selling bikes with flat tires. He mostly sells junk, I’m guessing he never was a mtb’er from back in the day.

Re: Re:

boxxer":1mmvtd6x said:
He got called out on a Facebook group for buying a bike, promising to fix it up and add it to his "collection" but sticking it on ebay for 4x what he bought it for...

The orange p7?

Paid £150 and immediately on eBay for £495?

Wheel and deal all you want but don’t outright lie to people’s virtual faces!

Seems grubby to me.

Re:

Yeah, and frankly it couldn't have happened to somebody more deserving

I've been unfortunate enough to have ridden with him a couple of times and the utter rubbish he spouts is awful, sadly hes not even that good on his expensive modern bike

Re:

"a fool and his money are easily parted", that's all these people are counting on. Anyone with a modicum of common sense can see that some of the prices are verging on the ridiculous and will wait a few weeks or months to find the bike they really want, but there's always one or two buyers that just have to "Buy It Now!!!" or do a bit of drink buying (we've all been there! :oops: :LOL:).

There are still plenty of cheap retro bikes and parts though, as long as you don't want NOS XTR M900 /Campag there are deals to be had. You just have to sift through a bit more tat to find them than you used to.

Re: Re:

WWC":y49vdogj said:
boxxer":y49vdogj said:

The orange p7?

Paid £150 and immediately on eBay for £495?

Wheel and deal all you want but don’t outright lie to people’s virtual faces!

Seems grubby to me.

Yeah, saw that on Facebook and it was an interesting debate. The key with that one for me was that the buyer had made a big thing about wanting the bike to fix up and cherish, favourite bike, blah, blah. By all means spot a bargain and sell on but don't bullshit people.

I know that plenty are like me and will sell to genuine retrobikers for cheaper than the general public and like the idea of my stuff going to someone who really wants it so to take advantage of that marks you out as a dick imo.

Re:

He’s at it again on FB - 94 Kula £700 with non original bars, shifters, brakes and a few other parts

Advert started “Catalogue correct”

Back