ebay basket case?

Yogi bear

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
And because we really need a bike that's haunted by the person riding it when it got written off......

That frame a basket case! Surely? There might be some expert out there could glue and patch it back together but I can't imagine the result would be aesthetically pleasing let alone economical.

Interestingly 19 watchers. C'mon how many of you just can't look away from the horror show?

Carbon fibre is one of those materials which is incredibly easy and reliable to fix far more so than aluminum and on par with steel.

However, it's ugly AF when repaired and any repair tends to affect the natural properties than you would desire from the carbon itself...that part of the frame chassis would respond well to repair because that part of the frame requires pure stiffness and little compliance...repairs to areas which require vertical compliance will never go well as stress will be redirected to other areas and (say seat stays) can cayuse weird asymmetry effects.

You also have the economics I wouldn't waste my time fixing that frame for anything over £20 the synapse is a pretty mediocre bike eh?

My concern over the whole thing is some dodgy asshole buying the frame patching it up dangerously with car filler and selling for a profit.

Ed: from the photos probably looks like a fold from hitting a car park...must have been out of warranty, insurance wouldn't pay out...prett damn irresponsible to sell on eBay if you ask me

Re:

I've no doubt that could be brought back to good as new by people with the skills to do so, the bigger question would be the cost of such a repair and if it was worth it in the long run?

I follow a company called target composites on facebook and some of their work that pops up is amazing, damage in some cases worse than that and you would never know it's been damaged by the time they've finished.

https://www.targetcomposites.co.uk/our-work

Have a look at some of these, i'm sure they're not the only company doing this too.

Back