Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Classic!!!...I coveted that bike at the time, but funds meant I could only afford the Adventurer Deluxe (what do I mean "only"...I love my '84 Adventurer!!!)

For anyone interested the 1989, 1990 and 1991 catalogues are all scanned in and available in the scans section. The Pinky is an '89 Alu Pro, the frame and colour changed in 1990 to the Pierced seat tube design and kind of a blue/white swirl paint job.
Also the holy grail 1988 Prestige (the one with the gold parts and 5k price tag) was spotted on ebay and this time it wasn't the Hatfield shop trying to pass off the 1989 Limited Edition as the 1988 Prestige it was the real deal. The guy didn't know what he had but soon realised and pulled the auction.
There is also a 1990 Prestige Pro in build phase on here too.
I am still keeping my eyes out for a 1988 Limited Edition and 1989 Sorcerer Pro in my size too.

Carl.

jaypee":u4juyd13 said:
DSC_0391_zpsfaa87952.jpg

Out for a spin on the Seeker
DSC_3764_zps50a4f23a.jpg

It doesn't quite know what hit it what with the super-smooth shifting thanks to the 89 XT rear mech from my old Saracen Kili Comp, karma'd back to me by the venerable Mr Kingroon :D
DSC_3765_zps232d3e34.jpg

It can't stop grinning! :D

pbmj01":12v7e5pf said:
Classic!!!...I coveted that bike at the time, but funds meant I could only afford the Adventurer Deluxe (what do I mean "only"...I love my '84 Adventurer!!!)
The Monarch came to me from the previous owner who had only used it a couple of times in the Summer months. I don't personally remember The Monarch from the early days, but if had seen it, I think I would also have coveted it. The earliest one I remember was the 1984 Seeker & I am in the process of restoring one at the moment :D .

Have you posted a photo of your Adventurer Deluxe :?: , as I would love to see it.

jaypee":12v7e5pf said:
Wow! That is stunning!

Is it the one on eBay a few weeks back?
Yes this is the one :D . It had spent the last 29yrs in a garage, the previous owner, now in his 80's, had purchased it along with a Raleigh, with intention of going for bike rides with his wife in the summer months, sadly his wife didn't really take to cycling & both bikes where put into hibernation :( . Then a couple of months ago they were awakened from their slumber & it was decided that, it would be better to pass them both on to new owners.

Re:

Haha you're on fire Iscervo! Just saw the monarch a page back too.

1983! That's really early, wasn't aware there were any that early. Japanese only?

Re: Re:

jaypee":6g42bj86 said:
Haha you're on fire iscervo! Just saw the monarch a page back too. 1983! That's really early, wasn't aware there were any that early. Japanese only?

I don't think they were Japanese market only, more likely came to the UK via Europe, as I've seen others that weren't labeled as S&G.

I'll post another one from 1983 tomorrow :D .

Back