Early lugged Marin Pine Mountain

the bike now belongs to me ,it was listed back up on Facebook marketplace a few weeks ago for 30 quid froma nice chap near Maryhill in Glasgow ,and yep its a good un i had planned on doing a full restoration but tbh all i have done is given it a service and a good clean and polish " it must have had 30 pllus years of old oild and gunk stuck to its wondeful now shiny components ,ive removed the mudguards pannier " pannier looks like its from 88 too removed the old foam gips but did keep them as sadly they had shrunk and gone hard removed the barends " which is not something i usually do but felt they just didnt look rite or feel rite ,the front rim i suspect had been replaced at some stage in the early 90s as it doesntr match the rear araya but is still retro enough replaced the saddle with a concor saddle with pink writing which suits the pink decals on the frame ,,tyres are still ok although not the original ..plan from now is to just keep it as a good survivor and enjoy,,,it rides lovely changes gears great has typical brakes from the era eg ,,,,hardly work when compared to the xtr v brakes i usualy use oh and the bell fitted was retro but fairy useless so new bell fitted and a wee cycle computer and the TING from the Tange tubing is simply glorious

Attachments

• marin 1.jpg
    marin 1.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 44
  • marin 2.jpg
    marin 2.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 41
  • marin 3.jpg
    marin 3.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 34
  • marin 4.jpg
    marin 4.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 42
the bike now belongs to me ,it was listed back up on Facebook marketplace a few weeks ago for 30 quid froma nice chap near Maryhill in Glasgow ,and yep its a good un i had planned on doing a full restoration but tbh all i have done is given it a service and a good clean and polish " it must have had 30 pllus years of old oild and gunk stuck to its wondeful now shiny components ,ive removed the mudguards pannier " pannier looks like its from 88 too removed the old foam gips but did keep them as sadly they had shrunk and gone hard removed the barends " which is not something i usually do but felt they just didnt look rite or feel rite ,the front rim i suspect had been replaced at some stage in the early 90s as it doesntr match the rear araya but is still retro enough replaced the saddle with a concor saddle with pink writing which suits the pink decals on the frame ,,tyres are still ok although not the original ..plan from now is to just keep it as a good survivor and enjoy,,,it rides lovely changes gears great has typical brakes from the era eg ,,,,hardly work when compared to the xtr v brakes i usualy use oh and the bell fitted was retro but fairy useless so new bell fitted and a wee cycle computer and the TING from the Tange tubing is simply glorious
have also ordered some black with pink dots dice dust caps and some new brake inner cables esp the straddle ones which were about to break.

Who needs a bell when you've got Tange Prestige tubing all you need to do is flick the toptube lol
It's certainly looking good 👍 glad to see it went to a fellow retrobiker it would've been such a shame for that to be stripped and flipped because it's very rare for one to come up, if at all and be still original.
I may be able to help you out with a Deore hubbed Araya RM20 front wheel if you want to have it original spec.

Who needs a bell when you've got Tange Prestige tubing all you need to do is flick the toptube lol
It's certainly looking good 👍 glad to see it went to a fellow retrobiker it would've been such a shame for that to be stripped and flipped because it's very rare for one to come up, if at all and be still original.
I may be able to help you out with a Deore hubbed Araya RM20 front wheel if you want to have it original spec.
thanks mate

Latest posts

Back