Durham Framebuilder in the 90s ?

I've also had a quick look for a frame number on the Ace, but not seen one.

Last edited:
Really interesting thread. Did ACE have frames made by other builders too? I have seen a bike for sale with the same colourscheme and logos that was advertised as a Caygill (still regret not buying it, despite it not being my size).

Hi KOF,

It's fascinating isn't it. I think it's more likely that the seller of that bike mis-identified it.

Caygill was my first guess for this bike because it was clearly custom built and the person who set up the team was from that area, but he later told me it was a builder from the Durham area, hence the thread.

Where did you see the other bike advertised? Might be worth tracking down.

I've been offered some of the original team race jerseys 👌 I'll do a proper thread for the bike later and include all details.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220821-132122_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220821-132122_Gallery.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi KOF,

It's fascinating isn't it. I think it's more likely that the seller of that bike mis-identified it.

Caygill was my first guess for this bike because it was clearly custom built and the person who set up the team was from that area, but he later told me it was a builder from the Durham area, hence the thread.

Where did you see the other bike advertised? Might be worth tracking down.

I've been offered some of the original team race jerseys 👌 I'll do a proper thread for the bike later and include all details.

It was on Ebay for a long time, but this was years and years ago.

Back