Double U-brakes, nice!

Attachments

• trekkerT5.jpg
    trekkerT5.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,220
  • $T2eC16N,!)sE9swmYlL1BRf5qmRBcQ~~60_58.JPG
    $T2eC16N,!)sE9swmYlL1BRf5qmRBcQ~~60_58.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,162
I was very lucky with this in that it was pretty grubby and tired looking when I received it but after a thorough strip-down and clean up, it's in really good over all condition.

I just need to pop on the rear gear and front brake cables, tighten a few things up and it's done.
Been for a quick spin and I'm very happy with it :cool: .

Ace, glad you won that. The restoration looks great but funny seat angle? How does it ride?

Thanks coomber, think it's just because bike's on an angle that saddle looks 'odd'. It rides very sure-footedly with its slack angles, looking forward to a longer ride once I've tightened it all up.

I've not seen any other members 87's on here so feel free to pop up any info/pics you may have on this thread.

Konaglider":unfuz6ge said:
Thanks coomber, think it's just because bike's on an angle that saddle looks 'odd'. It rides very sure-footedly with its slack angles, looking forward to a longer ride once I've tightened it all up.

I've not seen any other members 87's on here so feel free to pop up any info/pics you may have on this thread.

The 87's seem to be quite rare, there are a few of the other years around but I think there are only about 5 87 model year bikes on here in total, couple of Tufftrax's, and 1 each of the Trekker, Kili (mine) and Conquest.

Carl.

More or less done now, will post up some pic's very soon.

I do have an '87 Tufftrax in bits. That was in a lot worse of a state. Rear triangle is 'out of whack' and repair needed doing to drop-out, I will build it up eventually as more of a bitsathis&that bike.

I do love the old Saracens.

First jaunt out on it and I'm very impressed with how nicely it rides.

I've put some Panaracer Pasela 1.75's on that I've had floating about for a while and I can recommend them, reasonably light and roll nicely.

Attachments

• trekker1.jpg
    trekker1.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 890
  • trekker2.jpg
    trekker2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 890
  • trekker3.jpg
    trekker3.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 890
Back