Do you think their finger slipped?

These would sit nicely alongside them.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Paid $50 usd a couple of months ago, perfect NOS condition, on Ebay. Those look in pretty bad shape...

When I've seen prices for things like that on Ebay I have a little fun...... Like the 'special' £1 coin for £50. I send the seller a note saying I have 2 the same (which is true) that he can have for £30 the pair to get himself a profit. I've never had a reply :confused:
When a miss-strike £2 was in my possession I managed to sell it for £10, meaning a plus of about £6 after deductions, which I was happy with. Others (very similar) were being advertised for hundreds - was I the mug, or the only one to get a sale??

I’m guessing the seller uses a similar method to me to hold items.

I list in various places such as here, FB , gumtree and eBay. Out of those the one which I can’t control the sales process is eBay.

Let’s say a person on RB says they want a item but can’t pay until the evening . I will edit my eBay auction to a silly figure to prevent someone pressing buy it now. I don’t want to end the auction as usually they are on discounted fee listings and also you lose any watchers.

Once the person has paid I’ll end it. If they disappear (which happens quite a bit) I simply return the price to normal. At any one time there could be 5 auctions like this of mine particularly at weekends.

You don’t want to make it figure in the thousands as listing allowances are affected so something just slightly silly does it.

Back