Diamondback V-link 3.0 or 3.1 (no longer required)

Malvern Rider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
*Edit - No longer required 18/08/2020. Thanks for responses.

1996, metallic orange preferably. If it's also 18" then The Truth Is Out There and the Universe wishes to reunite me with my ex. Looked like this:

96vlink3.jpg

Diamondback-VLINK-3-0-0.jpg

Except mine had cream-coloured tyres. Can you even imagine how cool that looked? I cannot even find a word to describe it. (Tears welling, whining noise)

Also looking for the 97 version (3.1)

97vlink31.jpg

I had one back in the day, loved it, yet inexplicably traded it in for a criminally low price at the LBS, p/ex for a Rocky Mountain Thin Air. Which later broke. On a six inch drop off heading downhill at 16mph. Pffft.

I swear I had just as much fun if not more on the Diamondback V-link.

Must've been the 20mm suspension front and rear, I always liked hardtails, and this was like a super-chuckable hardtail except with an escape route - ie if things got too rough the 20mm rear shock sprang into short life and saved the day, bouncing you up in the air away from danger....yeahaa!.

Anyway, if anyone even remembers them, awesome. If you have one, let's have look?

Diamondback 1996 V Link 3.0

I have a metalic orange Diamondback bike. It has hardly been used. It has been in my garage for 5 years untouched. Would like to know if anyone is interested is buying it. I live in the Tampa Florida area.

Re:

Been hopping around on this borrowed 3.1 for a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 26869E1F-8A62-4A3C-9383-F2067D9F859D.jpeg
    26869E1F-8A62-4A3C-9383-F2067D9F859D.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 491
Re: wanted - (No really) Diamondback V-link 3.0 or 3.1

Thnks for the offer Brian but I’ve since moved on to retro touring bike. Retro MTB is too punishing for my ageing beat up self!

It’s great to know that V-Links are still out there

Back