Delta-Sportive frame? Help?

Lintel26

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all,

Does anyone have any history or info on “delta-sportive” bikes?

Any info gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance.

J

Do you have one? If so a photo would be useful. The name rings a bell in some way but have you any idea about the date of the frame? This might help to trace adverts etc.

EDIT - a quick Google threw up what I had suspected. DS frames came from Chevin Cycles in Otley, built Jim Hargreaves who also built the Pavone frames for Peacocks in Halifax. Allegedly, Lloyds may have transfers for them.

I may have been wrong about Jim Hargreaves building these frames although I have seen it mentioned somewhere. My latest info is that it was Geoff Davis who built them but still in Otley. Coincidentally, one has come up for sale by a fellow member of Bygone Bykes Club, stated to have been previously owned by Denise Burton. It will probably therefore be a smallish size. I have also found some small ads from 'Cycling' mags of the 80's which I can scan and post if anyone is interested.

Hi there
Thanks for the info. I have done some research and I believe to have a short wheelbase “MKM Ultimate” frame badged as a delta sportive - with a sloped fork instead of crowns.
I wonder if this is a delta sportive made frame copying the MKM ultimate or is infact just badges up as such.
Does anyone have any info on this? Or knew if they had a sponsored team at the time?
Thanks in advance.
J

Picture attached. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
J

Attachments

• E6803C83-D8FA-43D7-849A-B4A739C1AEB1.jpeg
    E6803C83-D8FA-43D7-849A-B4A739C1AEB1.jpeg
    692 KB · Views: 740
Hmmm, can't make my mind up, doesn't quite look like an Ultimate from the MKM stable, forks and internal routing aside.....

I welcome any info or thoughts - it’s an intriguing frame. I wonder if anyone else knows anything about the brand?

It's a big 'un! I'm a bit like Midlife over this. There's something about it that doesn't seem quite right. It's lugless so that's OK but perhaps it's just the size. However, some Ultimates were built by a guy in Liverpool when they closed in Harrogate - so not built by Steve Elsworth who was the in-house MKM Ultimate builder. But why it should have Delta Sportive transfers is a bit of a mystery.

Have a look at the ones here -

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... -ultimate/

I think the first one is genuine. The second silver one was mine - and I'm not certain that this is a genuine Harrogate MKM.

Back