Decent 26" rigid forks?

Yes. It seems that getting 425mm a to c for 80mm suspension correction is slightly easier, especially if you want carbon.

I suppose its a sign of how 26" is now viewed, that nobody obviously has a quality 26" wheeled bike they might want parts for!

@oaklec i know you dont want to sell but any idea of what they are, might help the search. 420mm is a bit too much, but if beggars cant be choosers......

Seems your biggest obstacle is finding one that is decent quality WITH a long enough steerer. Some of the cheapo steel forks I buy here in Denmark for projects comes with a steerer at 270mm from the factory, like this:

I reckon the there might still be US stock of the Carver forks? They're about 410mm.

And about the Surly forks, @grantoury is correct. Their specifications are always on the modest side and they often take fenders into account. I have a Cross Check and the fork can easily accommodate 2.3"

Yes. It seems that getting 425mm a to c for 80mm suspension correction is slightly easier, especially if you want carbon.

I suppose its a sign of how 26" is now viewed, that nobody obviously has a quality 26" wheeled bike they might want parts for!

@oaklec i know you dont want to sell but any idea of what they are, might help the search. 420mm is a bit too much, but if beggars cant be choosers......
they are kona P2's

Ok. Cheers. Will have keep my eyes open.

If anybody has anything interesting, im happy to swap for some 26" x 11/8", Ahead, cantilever, Interloc Racing Design forks, that are too tall a to c wise....they are 440mm annoyingly. Fantastic rigid forks, just too tall for the frames geometry, but would suit a later 90s or early 2000s bike a treat.

As long as a certain person doesn't want them!

One option maybe to approach to a seller of forks similar to what you need on aliexpress etc. Chinese suppliers are often very accommodating to custom requests.

Back