Dean Jester team TET

@mk one, I do find it interesting that your #001 frame has the wishbone rear and the catalog says it was an update for "97

I am not sure how many if any, were made by Tom in '96. They were a different designed frame then though, full Tange from what I know.

Talking with DEAN I did find out that only a few were made by Tom at TET in '97, the rest were made in-house. Just under 1000 frames were produced. From that I assumed that the team were given the TET frames, though they did race on the different designed frames the year before.

The catalogue picture you posted is a '96 bike btw.

I figured the bike in the catalog was not a ‘97 - even with a quick comparison the seat tube is different, no tubing decal and the paint is a little different. Another page from that catalog has photos of the three pro riders and show jersey(s) with Tange on the side. My comment about the 001 frame was based on the text on the catalog frame.

There aren’t very many of the online but I am curious how many are out there- TET and in house. I can’t quite remember when I saw them at the races

Yes, '97 they changed all their frames to wishbone rear for better tyre clearance.

Back