DDG Axis XC?

jon_918

Devout Dirtbag
Good ebening.

Just picked this up for peanuts and wondered if it's a familiar bike to anyone? It came up local and I bought it because I rebuilt a DDG Shooter for a friend in the summer and I quite liked it so thought why not. Can't find much about this model though. Any info greatly appreciated.šŸ‘

Attachments

• 20230304_184454.jpg
    20230304_184454.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230304_184523.jpg
    20230304_184523.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 31
Really need a few old mbuk magazines so someone can scan the Super Cycles Nottingham adverts.
Saw one of these parked at my local Asda recently. Thought it was a Diamondback initially, but DDG just borrowed the name.
Any idea of frame material? Just aluminium or something fancier?

A Mike Poizer special.

Just a generic 6061 frame from far east. The factory supplied lots of companies like Moore Large for Barracuda and other in house brands.

Yer off the peg, but was still a decent quality frame. They rode alright. At the time chain reaction was selling the same frame under its brand-x name, fairly sure a few others in the Moore and large family were selling the same with a different paint too. Fairly sure it's 6061.

Os it going to win a best bike award, nar, but idnstill ride it.

RST disc-x brakes. Duel "piston" cable brakes before tektro tries it. They were fun to setup, when working were alright. They fitnnicely qith the acera groupset.

Got a set in the garage I've been wondering about flogging for 20 quid.

Back