Dawes Quest/Escape, 89 ish.

Konaglider

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Looking for the above mentioned as f&f or complete to suit 5’11”-6’.
Also interested to see any pics/threads of these bikes. Matt.

Re:

Hi Matt,

I have a couple of these... The first is my commuter in "utility/touring" spec) - it's not an Escape but it's very similar. Some minor differences on the frame, the main thing is the forks though, which are lovely 531 3 piece lugged jobs.

file.php

I've also just bought a slightly smaller Escape off here as a bare frame (your timing is out by about a week as it only just came up for sale!)

file.php

Plan is to build that one up in original/period spec and hit the trails on it.

I'll send a PM re a possible sale - I've done that thing that we all do recently and ended up with too many bikes... So I might be able to let one go at some point...

Re:

Thanks for the reply.
You’ve put that together very nicely and it looks like it would make a very useful tourer.
Would you be able to let me know the top tube on the unbuilt frame from centre to centre please.

Re:

Thanks, I've not had a chance to do any decent road trips on it sadly but it's been very useful (local) transport nonetheless. Takes a load with ease - great for doing the weekly shop... I actually have a front rack for it too that I've not got round to fitting.

To clarify, having only just bought it, I'm not really planning on selling the Escape but FYI here are the measurements as given to me by the previous owner.

Seat tube: CTC 19" CTT 19.5"
Top Tube: CTC 21.5"
Head tube: 4.3"

Re:

You did make that clear I was just interested in the geometry of the frame etc. Thanks for the dimensions.

Back