Dave Yates Vulcan

Re:

Thanks Carl, I knew you'd be able to shed some light on it, that then would also explain the roller cam brake yhat the early prototypes had.

Whats it worth then, given it really needs a respray/decal change to take it back to period correctness?

Re: Re:

ratcapa":3r9qqk0q said:
Thanks Carl, I knew you'd be able to shed some light on it, that then would also explain the roller cam brake yhat the early prototypes had.

Whats it worth then, given it really needs a respray/decal change to take it back to period correctness?

£74.99 it's a Carrera Quattro Comp resprayed, honest mate ;)
There's one on ebay at the moment to save you having to do a respray :D :LOL:

ratcapa":1e7ewqy4 said:

I think the Only Prototype was Dave's Own bike, and the rest were all individually hand built for there owners, with the changes being made over time as the market changed, Brake preference, tubing availability etc.

Its certainly Not the prototype frame that's for sure, but it is a really lovely example of the early Vulcan. Im with you, remove all the spec for a later frame, and rebuild this, its certainly worth it.

Its So Hard to Say, Vulcans are rare, especially early ones.

Spanky22b":161q1815 said:
ratcapa":161q1815 said:

A Ha,

Did you find the one you were looking for all those years ago, this could be it!! :xmas-wink:

ratcapa":269b138l said:
Spanky22b":269b138l said:
ratcapa":269b138l said:

A Ha,

Did you find the one you were looking for all those years ago, this could be it!! :xmas-wink:

Still haven't got the holy grail in my collection :(
This one though is what i've been hunting for to make a replica of the prototype , rear brake bosses in correct position, chainstays go to the brace etc.
I've been hatching plans on how to sell a kidney and been talking to the seller so see where it ends up, hopefully i'll still have a kidney :LOL:

Spanky22b":1j5zfcar said:
ratcapa":1j5zfcar said:

mate you gotta get this you have wanted it for SOOOOOOOOO long.

sinnerman":2u9qkq7f said:
Spanky22b":2u9qkq7f said:
ratcapa":2u9qkq7f said:

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

sinnerman":2e0snycj said:
Spanky22b":2e0snycj said:
ratcapa":2e0snycj said:

I know mate i'm going demented hatching plans to get the funds for it :LOL: there's definitely a cull of the fleet happening :D
Why just after Christmas did this have to pop up :facepalm:

Back