Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Re:

LL92612 is a Concept 90 ordered by Go Bike and made of 753.

I saw that bike advertised and it is a perfect example of Dave Lloyd paint at its best.

Like you I am smitten with my Concept 90, but have to choose my roads carefully as the tubeset is pretty rigid, great for speed, climbing, descending etc, but pretty hard work of rough country lanes. Still wouldn't be parted from it.... or the others.

Re:

Hi.
Thanks for the info. Was there a date of manufacture?I built it up for short fast summer rides with tubulars. In north yorks there is no getting away from rough roads so you have to live with it. Thanks again
Regards
Peter

Re:

I'm afraid there are no dates in the book other than the year of manufacture, but as the entry is a long way into the year, I would estimate it was made in late October or early November 92.

Sounds like the Councils up there and down here have the same priorities when it comes to roads. :facepalm:

Bullpup":3kxvslan said:
Nice find! Any ideas how or indeed why this found it's way onto the market?
No idea at all, just that the previous owner said he bought it in Wales a few years ago.

What amazes me is that it was kept by someone, when the frame business closed. Easy to bin something like this, takes a bit more thought to keep it.

Re:

hi just seen this post
i got a dave lloyd frame the only number i can find is 52
the bottom bracket seems to be an italian is this usall with his frames?
it does have the D cut outs on the lugs and a D on the fork crown

Re: Re:

scarygerbil":2kzmv8h4 said:
hi just seen this post
i got a dave lloyd frame the only number i can find is 52
the bottom bracket seems to be an italian is this usall with his frames?
it does have the D cut outs on the lugs and a D on the fork crown

Is the frame fillet brazed or does it appear to be welded?

Re:

Fully lugged does not sound like a Dave Lloyd made Dave Lloyd.

I have two that were made before Dave started actually making frames, both I estimate are late 1970's. Also much later in production, from around 96/7 onwards Dave was selling carbon, aluminium and steel frames (made by Paul Donahue) bought in and painted in house.

A picture or two would help identify your frame.

Back