Dave Lloyd Frame Register

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have today received a little pocket book that I bought on ebay, it is the register of all frame made by Dave Lloyd starting in 1988 (only two frames numbers) and finishing in 1999.

There is not an awful lot of detail of each frame, only the frame number, the frame type, the person or company ordering and the tubing it is made from, but for a DL nutter like me it is gold.

If you have a bike with an LL frame number, and it is apparent from the register that he made a LOT of frames for other businesses, then drop the number in here and I will post up the information I have.

Total production appears to be 1740 frames, however there are a lot of alloy and carbon frames shown in 1998 and perhaps this was a factor in why production effectively stopped that year, with only seven frames in the register for 1999.

As I run through the register I will pick out notable changes, like the first ATB - LL89008 which Dave appears to have made for himself, the first Concept 90 - LL90173, the first CATS WISKAS - LL92531 and the first BEEZ NEEZ - LL92622.

More as I discover it.

Re:

I thought I may have a fight on my hands in the last 10 second, but mine was the only bid.

A wonderful piece of history. Glad it’s in good hands Neil :D

Re:

OK, here is more, as Simon is going nuts for information on facebook messenger.

1988/9 - 111 frames, 90 - 150 frames, 91 - 192 frames, 92 - 193 frames, 93 - 189 frames, 94 - 165 frames, 95 - 185 frames, 96 - 167 frames, 97 - 171 frames, 98 - 210 frames, 99 - 7 frames.

I have not counted how many carbon and alloy frames are shown in 1998 (yet) as I am not that nerdy.... but I am sure Simon will want to know. :mrgreen:

Around 30% per year went into the trade, including a significant number up to Cykel City in Sweden.

LOL!!! Thanks for that Neil! I just like data... is that a crime?! :oops: :D

Great information - many thanks for sharing :LOL:

Re:

If I wasn't happy to share Simon, I wouldn't have offered.

More info as I work through this wonderful little book.

Re:

Invaluable info! Well here is my CATS, its hard to make out the beginning but its definitely 1212 at the end, possibly 5 or 6 before that (I had assumed it was a '95 frame on account of the rear canti boss). I'd be interested to confirm what the tubing is. And for that matter the tubing of the other CATS ie: what was the variation through the years?

Cheers
Matt

Attachments

• BB1.jpg
    BB1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 8,310
Re:

LL961212 is shown as an ATB sold to Langdales and made of Genius.

What's unusual from flicking through is that it is listed as an ATB not a CATS WISKAS, but that may be because of whoever filled out the register, the hand writing changes over the years. So, there could be a few more Cats out there. :mrgreen:

There does not seem to be any standard tubing used, I have seen Reynolds, Columbus and Deda all listed.

Re:

I saw this and hoped that someone here would get it!
Thanks for sharing.
Seems an odd item to pop up on eBay, did you get any detail from the seller?
So, Simon, what detail can you share on your Lloyd’s!?

Latest posts

Back