Cycle to work

lewis1641":lghhl18s said:
is there a way for self employed people to benefit from this?

Don't see why not, why not talk to your accountant.

I've also been told Halfords can order you in almost anything you want. Wink

After talking to the really good guy in the Hereford store (funnily enough also called Carl) he told me they would order anything I wanted. I just happened to have be smitten with the Kula.

Carl.

lewis1641":ufw6au4n said:
is there a way for self employed people to benefit from this?

Fraid not matey. There are a few exclusions and being self employed is one of them.

I think you will find that Condor are part of the Halfrauds scheme......my mate got one from there :LOL:

The other bad thing that Halfrauds do is they say they can buy you anything, but what they actually do is purchase the bike from the other supplier (say a Specialized) and then sell it to you......this actually makes you the 2nd owner and can cause all sorts of warranty issues should you have to claim as the bike will be first 'registered' to Halfrauds...

thats a bit naughty

stedlocks":308bin81 said:
The other bad thing that Halfrauds do is they say they can buy you anything, but what they actually do is purchase the bike from the other supplier (say a Specialized) and then sell it to you......

We've had a couple of people from Halfrauds buy bikes off us for this reason.

Interesting stuffs.

I've been pondering all this since we finally got the scheme earlier this year. (final step on company 'green' 'plan')

My problems are:

- Apart from being a bone shaker and a bit soul less, i'm struggling to fault my Revolution Courier Race. For the money Id recommend it - sub £300, far too cheap for CTW scheme! :D
Image0268.jpg

- I had very strong feelings about leaving work a few weeks back.

- Do I really need another bike/virtual debt?

And then I'm not even sure what I'd go for.

Been looking at Surly Cross Check for fast lightish keep it real steel tough road versatility, but I'm not a roadie and not keen on drop bars so the heavier 29er Karate Monkey shouts at me, specially as it would be good on a weekend too. ;)

Then again chasing after a cool roadie tonight, something road specific may be a good idea, even if the roads are offroad like in placed round here.

SURLYVGREEN.jpg

2007-Surly-Karate-Monkey.jpg

stedlocks":pu89vwnc said:
The other bad thing that Halfrauds do is they say they can buy you anything, but what they actually do is purchase the bike from the other supplier (say a Specialized) and then sell it to you......this actually makes you the 2nd owner and can cause all sorts of warranty issues should you have to claim as the bike will be first 'registered' to Halfrauds...

thats a bit naughty

I still have it in writing that your 12 month warranty is with Halfords. As the consumer, your rights are not affected by how Halfords choose to source the item they sell you.

reanimation":18pbfi7y said:
Apart from being a bone shaker and a bit soul less, i'm struggling to fault my Revolution Courier Race. For the money Id recommend it - sub £300, far too cheap for CTW scheme!
Halford's Carrera Subway range has always seemed very similar to some of the Revolution Couriers - is there some connection, there? Do Halfords rebadge them?

Back