Wanted cross or gravel 54cm c-t frameset Sorted thank you

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
As title.A 54 cm centre to top cross or gravel frameset for cantis. Really a case of what have you. Structurally sound please. No dings bends or cracks.Thanks for reading
Peter

Last edited:
Really nice Kona Major Jake frame and forks, £150?
It was my son's, but he has just gone off to college and it's not the sort of bike to leave locked up outdoors. It's just a shade too large for me. Built up to an 8.8kg / 19.5lb bike with pretty ordinary bits (105).
Will add photos later.

Really nice Kona Major Jake frame and forks, £150?
It was my son's, but he has just gone off to college and it's not the sort of bike to leave locked up outdoors. It's just a shade too large for me. Built up to an 8.8kg / 19.5lb bike with pretty ordinary bits (105).
Will add photos later.
Hi Thanks for that. I had a kona honki tonk a couple of years ago and decided to move it on because it would not take wide tyres. Before getting too involved do you know what maximum tyre size it will take. At the moment I am using an old paul milnes team cross for winter with ice tyres on but its really way way too small for me .The tyres are schwalbe winter plus 700 x 35c. Needs to take at least those.Thanks again for getting back to me
Regards
Peter

This takes BIG tyres! I've run 44mm and 47mm no trouble.
I will pop some wheels with gravel tyres into it for the photos.

Here you go. I'm part way through the touch-up of paint chips - green base coat over the original white primer, matched top coat to go.
51522391192_956358ffdc_b.jpg

51523904829_34b4029f72_b.jpg

51523429513_b466181445_b.jpg

51523429068_6ef0734497_b.jpg

Measuring the width for tyre clearance, it's 57mm front and 60mm back.

Very interested. Is the 54cm centre to top of top tube or top of extension.What year is it and am I right in thinking its an alloy frame.The honky tonk was chromo . Someone once said they were made from offcuts from the humber bridge .Heavy but rode well.Never understood the lack of tyre clearance with them.Ruined a really good frameset

Back