Wanted Eldridge Grade? Zolatone Marin, 17" c-t or what have you?

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Been doing quite a few weekend rides with junior stupido the eldest. She's now 13 (!) and big enough that mum's 17" c-t Orange G3 fits her fairly well. It's not the ideal bike for her needs though, we're mainly doing traffic free paths which are often gravelly and wet but don't require suspension forks or chunky tyres. My Raleigh Ravine is perfect for me. She's envious of my full-length mudguards and I think a touring spec 90s rigid steel MTB would suit her well too.

She likes the colour of the G3 (grey with red details) so I suggested a Zolatone Marin. She likes the look of them, but less so in green or yellow. Grey and red would be ideal.

Not sure what a 17" is called in Marin terminology - I know they measured c-c - perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Open to suggestions if someone has anything else cheap and/or local - but being a bike for a teenage girl colour will be a deciding factor as much as anything else... what you got?

I'm in South Devon but will be heading up to London over the xmas period. Would travel for the right thing at the right price. Framesets and projects also considered. Would also be up for a swap on the (rather nice) Orange.

Attachments

• IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    839.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    510.4 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: baj
I have a 1991 Marin Pine Mountain in very good condition, it’s mostly original too.. I guess you already know but the pine has the orange which I’ve always liked.. I’ve been trying not to sell it but I’ve not used it in ages.. I can get photos on Tuesday.. it’s Marin size 15.5” which is 17” c-t..

I’m in S Wales but might be able to get it to S Devon in the new year, if not then maybe possible to coordinate a meet in Bristol on your way to/from London if you go that way..

I have a 1991 Marin Pine Mountain in very good condition, it’s mostly original too.. I guess you already know but the pine has the orange which I’ve always liked.. I’ve been trying not to sell it but I’ve not used it in ages.. I can get photos on Tuesday.. it’s Marin size 15.5” which is 17” c-t..

I’m in S Wales but might be able to get it to S Devon in the new year, if not then maybe possible to coordinate a meet in Bristol on your way to/from London if you go that way..
IMG_1883.png

Sounds good to me but we'll see if the orange is close enough for her. I like it, personally. Some pics would be good and an idea of price (pm if you like). I'm sure we could work something out transport- wise. :)

Last edited:
Back