Cropton Weekender DATE Change to 4/5/6 August

Matthews

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Our party weekender , ride Fri night (bring lights as it'll be dark for the last half hour or so) , Saturday ride starts around 12ish with first stop for lunch around 1, meander round some great tracks with plenty of stops before finishing back at Cropton for a pint , BBQ and social Saturday night . Camping is £8 per person per night , basic facilities of toilets and water next to New Inn , payable in advance to me as I block book the camping and pay the week before (bank transfer details available via pm ).This is our annual get together and have a laugh with some great riding to boot , retro friendly but not obligotory.

Matt, having only been on the Sunday before, what meals do I need to bring, Sat/Sun breakfast or any others too?

Matt, having only been on the Sunday before, what meals do I need to bring, Sat/Sun breakfast or any others too?
That must have been a while ago as we changed the format slightly post covid to make it more of a social , re meals we are camping next to a pub that also does cooked breakfasts , Fri night ride is an hour or 2 starting around 7 (bring lights ) so eat before we ride , Saturday ride will start around 12.30 and first stop is pub lunch about 1/2 hour away , Saturday night is BBQ (I'll bring a large BBQ so some charcoal and whatever you want to cook is all you need ), Sunday is do what you want so up to you , the Saturday afternoon ride is about 18 miles long with 5 refreshment stops (pubs) and the route is entertaining but retro friendly, we'll probably be back at campsite/final refreshment stop around 6.
It's a good weekend social with some entertaining riding involved but not silly techy, retro friendly but not compulsory as most of us are getting too old and creaky to ride creaky bikes and manage to move for work the following day and tend to ride modern .

Sorry folks but will have to change the date on this as MIL having a big op 2 days before , looking at moving it back a couple of weeks and will update as soon as I know .

Matt, are we on for Aug 4/5/6 as I'm looking to arrive early Saturday morning to setup camp and stay over Saturday night.

Date is definitely as in title , as very little happens on here I don't look much but you know whats happening now as you txted me Simon .

Not long now. Its time to start praying to the weather gods. I should be there just after lunch on the friday as I'm taking a bit of time off from work. Friday night will be a re run of last year and comes in at a steady and not too difficult 9 miles with some fantastic twisty single track.

See you there

I'll be leaving Leeds just after dinner so should be up there around 3/4 in afternoon ready to ride , chill and drink beer .

Latest posts

Back