Cove hummer Vs rock lobster team ti?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I need to thin the herd due to impending storage space loss so have to make some tough decisions on what to keep and what to let go.

I was going to build a gravel/commuter out of the lobster, but have recently bought a full bike to do that job (not arrived yet but hopefully when it does, I'll get on with it), so in that regard it's surplus. That said, it's a nice frame, disc only and aside from the lacquer being worse for wear in places (why they did this is a mystery to me), and a tiny rock dink, it's in good shape. It's the one with the trapezoid down tube.

The cove hummer I acquired more recently, I was going to throw some 1x10 bits at it, rigid carbon forks and use it as a kind of go to bike for when I didn't want to use a, sad to say, garage queen. It's pretty minty aside from having no decals.

Having not built or ridden either, I thought I'd ask here for anyone with any experience of these frames for advice and opinions on the two frames to help me decide what to keep and what to part with.

Cheers

Last edited:
I've had a Hummer, but not a Lobster. I really liked the Hummer, somewhat regret getting rid of it tbh as it's a great all-day xc/trail bike, but will also happily take on more technical inclines as well without much fuss.
My opinion... Keep the Hummer.

Peculiar dilemma to be in, two lobster bikes, assuming that Hummer means Lobster in other parts of the world than Denmark and Germany.

Let me put it like this, if I dropped my net in the sea and had to deal with the horrendous, stormy and dangerous conditions to get a catch, I would hope that the catch was a Cove Hummer.

I had no idea hummer translated to lobster, interesting. I get the impression the hummer is probably the better frame. It is slightly smaller than the rock lobster so annoyingly I need to build it up to see if it will fit or not.

I had no idea hummer translated to lobster, interesting. I get the impression the hummer is probably the better frame. It is slightly smaller than the rock lobster so annoyingly I need to build it up to see if it will fit or not.
Build it up and see, Cove Hummers are solid do everything kind of bikes IMHO.

+1 for keeping the Hummer

Any pictures of these? My first choice would be the Lobster. Always love that brand

Back