Cook Bros ...ect. Japan Buying Advice, Yahoo Auctions, Proxy Services

Oh sh*t.. you’re right, mine too.

I need to pay more attention.

Odd though, seems like a pretty fundamental thing to get right and if they are fake.. someone with the capabilities to produce such a high quality fake also has the capabilities to get the logo the right way around
Maybe they are genuine cranks that have been re anodised.

One of these sold on eBay a few weeks ago for £131.. it was silver with no additional angle shims.. optimistically I bid £78 :)

1709483998566.png

Little update.

ZenMarket are no longer marking down the value (for anyone) it wasn't just a glitch

fromJapan have also recently stopped marking down the value for UK customers, for my friends in the Eu, it still works fine.

I tried numerous ways of checking out.. every shipping method but still no dice, eventually i opted for FedEx because they facilitate their own customs precedure (as opposed to EMS who piggyback on commercial flights and have to pass through Coventry) but no..

fullsizeoutput_3f4c.jpeg

It was only £80 quids worth of bike parts from Mercari therefor under the £135 limit so i didn't pay import duty but they did ship at full value, it was clearly printed on the package.. for the time being, don't order anything of high value expecting it to be shipped at £30.

I haven't ordered anything through SuToCorp for a good 15yrs, they might be one of the last proxy services who're prepared to mark down value for UK customers.. their auction bidding service is terrible which is why i stopped using them but i never had a problem with their BIN or store buying.

Back