Convert hubs to fit Wheelchair

Re:

Many thanks for the advice, we knew a bit about the voucher scheme but didn't look any further as he was growing (still is, only 10yrs old). and we where new to all of it, that and operations and stuff made just saying yes ok.
(withing reason, we have pushed and asked lots of questions and had alterations and the OT is actually very good, she used to work for Wheelchair services,so knows how to get stuff and what is not right).

We'll have a look again as this chair needs some servicing as it collapsing under use and the tyre now rub the side.
I just noticed a wheel is wobbling and I think it's the 'whatever you called it' but that the wheel clicks into.

Axle sleeve or receiver...Something like this?

Should just need to tighten the nut up on the back.
If the wheel still rubs, the sleeve can be adjusted outwards, but needs spacers like ahead spacers, only smaller under the head of the sleeve.

Spare parts pdf here. and Service manual.

The chair itself can be grown in length and width (see Service Manual), but there are also forward extended front castor mounts available if front stability is a problem as he grows (Front Stabilizer Kit, Parts, Page 13).
Also, the back brace makes a huge difference to the rigidity and ease of pushing the chair, if you don't already have one (Parts, Page 90).

All the best,

Attachments

• quick-release-rear-wheel-axle-receivers-pair-5-8.jpg
    quick-release-rear-wheel-axle-receivers-pair-5-8.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 200
What's the plan?...

I have plenty of the proper wheelchair hubs if you're building from the ground up. Mostly 36 hole, black or silver.
Also the frame sleeves and wheelchair QR axles to fit.
Hubs are free to a good home, axles etc pretty cheap.

If you have to convert, most wheelchairs run imperial R8 bearings to give a 1/2" bore for the QR axle.
A few Euro companies prefer 12mm axles, so use 6001 bearings instead.
We have conversion bearings in stock to sort out any 12.7mm to 12mm or back conversion problems.

Axle lengths vary from around 90mm to 135mm depending on the 'stack height' of the hub bearings and axle sleeve combined.

All the best,
Hi,

I wonder if you could help me please? I am looking to convert a set of wheelchair wheels from R8 bearings 20.7mm to 6001 20mm. I am struggling to find any with the correct 28.58 diameter, could you help at all? Thanks Chris

Back