Columbus Max Explosif

I bought the Kilauea from that year as i couldn't afford the Explosif. Hopefully find an undamaged one in my size one day.

Re:

It’s in fantastic condition. Right size but wrong side of the price for me. I don’t doubt it’s worth it to though!

Re:

covid tax seems to have reduced, so over priced, would sell.for 250-300 for this if not covid taxed.

frame still sell for up to £150, they did used to sell a bit more, but don't seem to now.

Full bikes have been in the 220/250 range looking at eBay.

This is a nicer condition one.
No idea why they don't get more, when utter shite has been getting good moneym

Re:

I mean, it’s Kona Geometry, built from Columbus Max and well specced, so Covid tax or not on paper it should be worth more it seems. Seems they are a rare version too. I dunno.

So, a reality check. That's a crazy price for a non-stock build. If it was catalogue correct - whether you're into that sort of thing or not - then the price would be more achievable.

It's also a 20" so whilst it's an uncommon size, that limits your market further.

For comparison, the current BIN price is almost the same as what I paid (incl. shipping) for the '97 Kapu (genuine rocking horse poo) and £350 more than a complete, almost totally stock 19" 97 Explosif. You could rightly argue each situation is different, the times were different and perhaps I was ok at negotiating.

What is rare and nice to see from the pic's at least, is the top tube is dent-free. There's something about 96's that seem to attract them, not least because the tubing is wafer thin.

Back