Sold Clockwork bare metal frameset, nickel f7 forks, wheels, £100

bj

Retro Guru
This was a parts bin bike I built up years ago, taking it back to bare metal and spraying it with some lacquer. Over the years the lacquer has broken down and allowed surface rust to start again. Have been sanding back the lacquer, and started polishing the frame back to bare metal again, but my enthusiasm has waned as I feel the frame is a tad too small for me.

17" orange clockwork frame No A2070215. Requires a little more polishing, but all the hard work done. BB shell very clean. Stainless steel bolts.

F7 Nickel Forks 168mm steerer. As can be seen, these are still in rather good condition. They are scuffed in places, but too little to see on photo.

UN55 BB. Nearly new.

Acor Ahead stem, 120mm reach. 1 1/8 with 1" bush.

Cane Creek SC1 sealed cartridge headset. Very little use, so work as new.

No name seat post and handlebars, Ritchley grips included.

Now added the wheels that I have posted separately.

26" WTB Speed Master with Ritchley hub, stainless double butted spokes. Very little use so in excellent condition. Photo of rim shows anodised brake surface not fully worn off yet! Skewer, tyre, inner tube useable but a little tatty.

26" Mavic m261 rim on Shimano STX special edition hub, stainless double butted spokes. Hub anodising has started to become pock marked, but hub is very smooth with no rumble. Braking surface is slightly dished from wear (about half a mm of light through straight edge). Freehub spins smoothly, and has a partial M737 cassette. I have been running this as a 7 speed cassette by removing the 12 tooth and padding with spacers. Ratios 11,14,16,18,21,24,28. I can't find the 12 tooth. Being steel it appears to still be in reasonable condition. Mavic label faded. Skewer, tyre and tube useable but a little tatty.

Both running true and round.

Anyone fancy taking this over for £100 collected. (Warwickshire). Can wait until movement restrictions eased, or deliver/meet locally.

Attachments

• f1-25.jpg
    f1-25.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 768
  • fk1-20.jpg
    fk1-20.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 745
  • fk2-20.jpg
    fk2-20.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 744
  • bb1-25.jpg
    bb1-25.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 739
  • bb2-20.jpg
    bb2-20.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 741
  • wh1-15.jpg
    wh1-15.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 393
  • wh3-15.jpg
    wh3-15.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 416
  • frame 1-20.jpg
    frame 1-20.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 428
Re: Clockwork bare metal frameset, nickel f7 forks Reduced £125

Price drop. Give me a clue if these are overpriced.

Re:

Have added the wheels that were listed separately.

Surely this is a good project for someone!

Re:

This could be exactly what I'm looking for after getting my touring frame repainted and discovering 5 pinholes in the chainstay and seat tube....

I presume the 17" is measured c-c on the seattube, could you give me a measurement for the top tube as well please?

Also, is the head tube 1" or 1 1/8"? I saw you mentioned the steam being 1 1/8" with a 1" bush, does this refer to the clamp or does it mean it is shimmed to fit the forks?

Thanks,
Max

Re:

17” is from centre of bb to top of seat tube. Fairly certain that is how Clockworks sizes are quoted. 15.5” to centre of top tube. Think the popular sizes for the clockwork were 15”, 17”, 19”.

Top tube is 21.5” from centre of seattube to centre of headtube.

Steerer and headtube are 1”, but the Ahead stem is 1 1/8, hence the bush to clamp to the steerer.

Bumping this as i have now finally boxed it and could post. As above but note there are no tyres, nor tubes so as to keep package below 1m length and reduce weight.
£100 collected or £120 posted.

Bumping this as i have now finally boxed it and could post. As above but note there are no tyres, nor tubes so as to keep package below 1m length and reduce weight.
£100 collected or £120 posted.
Where are you in Warwickshire?

Back