Classic Alan alloy frame and forks 58cm SOLD

Re: Classic Alan alloy frame and forks 58cm

Couldn't miss this one....... :)

Was looking at a 1970's Cycling mag and there was a famous shop selling frames.......SABA, VINER, ALAN, Raleigh 753 Road and 753 TT...........the ALAN cost more than the Raleigh.

Going to put my spare 1st gen Shimano stuff on it plus some more modern Shimano / Mavic clinchers if they fit (also from the same seller) for the Cumbrian roads :)

Top seller :D

Shaun

Shaun, you saved me from myself. I was going to have that today and transfer all the parts from my 1980 Alan. I wish there was a rebonding service somewhere.

Iwasgoodonce":3ug5zcuq said:
Shaun, you saved me from myself. I was going to have that today and transfer all the parts from my 1980 Alan. I wish there was a rebonding service somewhere.

I've got to go searching now! Somewhere I read a recent article about bonded frames and modern glue technology. I'm sure its 3M that produce a metal epoxy that is hundreds of time more durable and stronger than what the likes of Alan were using in the 70s/80s. Its used for gluing aluminium components in the aero industry but its also available to the public.

Back