Classic Alan alloy frame and forks 58cm SOLD

chipper

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Classic Alan Competition frame and forks , late 70t's . Silver anodized with polished lugs.
dimensions;

seat tube c-t 58cm
seat tube c-c 57cm
top tube c-c 57cm
rear spacing 126mm
Italian b/bkt threads

A really nice example of the classic screwed and glued Alan road frame , still nice and shiny ,does have some scratches but no dings.
there are no cracks in the lugs and the bondings are all good .Lovely polished lugs , the head lugs being engraved . The original stainless steel rear wheel adjusters are present . Comes with
an alloy taper bearing headset and a Campagnolo 25mm Record seat post . The seat post is a bit gouged in one place , otherwise very good.
Will also come with 3 x 1st Gen Dura Ace brake cable clips (not shown).
All threads have been chased and the bottom bracket shell has been faced . Both the seat tube and fork steerer have been honed as well .

A bit of a wrench to part with this , but , as I already have an '83 Alan it seems a bit indulgent to build another ( according to the Mrs anyway :roll: )

£140 UK posted Pay Pal or Bank transfer , or £130 collected London NW9 . PM's please :D

P1180664_zps07799845.jpg

P1180664xx_zpsa67377eb.jpg

P1180667_zpsedf375fa.jpg

Re: Classic Alan alloy frame and forks 58cm

Let me know if you fance selling the cable clips on their own :)

Free BTTT

Shaun

This is a truly lovely frame. I will be divorced if I have it though.

These frames cost more than a Raleigh Professional 753 back in the late 70's :D

Shaun

Last chance price drop bump now £140 posted , going on Evilbay Sunday night

Hi. On I-phone so hope this posts. Can't let this classic end up on evilbay. Can you please clarify what is stamped on the seat lug as I can't see it clearly in the pics. Thanks. Shaun.

Hi Shaun , the markings are the size 57 x 57 which are the C to C measurements
PM me if your interested mate

Back