Cinelli bike from 1960s

Daughter123

Retro Newbie
Hi

I'm really hoping someone on this forum can help. I have my dads old cycle. It's a cinelli Rivera in red. I think he would have got it in 60s and was very fond of it so we have kept it long after he died. My mother has given it to me now as every time she talks of getting rid of it I stop her but I am at a loss as to what to do with it. Any ideas please let me know. It was looked after very well but certainly needs some tlc.

I should add that I think it was just the frame he bought so looking at it the gears at the back have Benelux written on them.

These Cinellis were sold as frames, assembled by the users, in the days of purchase tax on bikes but not on parts.

They were quite serviceable in the lower price bracket, but of no great value now.
I sold some of these in the 50s/60s.

There is no easy answer, but if you wish PM me?

Keith

keithglos":1niwbhx9 said:
These Cinellis were sold as frames, assembled by the users, in the days of purchase tax on bikes but not on parts.

They were quite serviceable in the lower price bracket, but of no great value now.
I sold some of these in the 50s/60s.

There is no easy answer, but if you wish PM me?

Keith

I wouldn't quite say they are of no great value now as there is an inexplicable attraction for these Riviera bikes in certain markets where collectors do not recognize that these were not built by Cinelli itself but rather by outside suppliers. Because of this, they can at times attract very solid prices (not that I would ever have any interest). Some very well-maintained bikes with good componentry can sell for well over £500.

Back