Child bike seat that works with top pull rear mech frame

W7Ford

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a rear mount child seat that will fit a frame with a top pull rear mech? Looking to get our littlest one out on a couple of rides with me, but our exisiting seat clamps around the seatpost tube and would squash the cable.

I've got a barely used rack mounted one I no longer need. Comes with rack, seat can be used off the bike too, which is handy. If you are interested I can grab some pics. I think it is the same as the one linked to above.

@ishaw, sorry I missed your reply. I'm lacking rack mounts but I know you can get loops, but then I got to thinking, why dont I just got for a 1x9 setup instead and do away with the front mech. Only tried a tow path so far so we'll see how i go with some more varied terrain. I might give a cassette with a wider range a whirl.

I don’t think you want to sacrifice your gearing range because you don’t want to be having to get out the saddle and mash with the child seat on. If you go 1x you’ll want some more range at the back, so something like an 11-34 cassette with the right chainring at the front like 32 or 34. My choice would probably be the rack-mounted seat to save the additional faffing setting the bike up.

Here's the seat I have if you are still in the market.

Attachments

• PSX_20210825_083102.jpg
    PSX_20210825_083102.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 3
  • PSX_20210825_083042.jpg
    PSX_20210825_083042.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1
Back