Cheapest way to post frame from NZ from UK?

NZOZONE

Retro Newbie
Hi Lads,

I'm wanting to buy a frame based in the UK to be sent to me in New Zealand but am struggling to find a postage option under £400

surely there a cheaper option?, any help much appreciated

cheers

having lived in NZ and posted stuff to and from, it always costs a fortune, if you want the item that badly you might just have to pay. the cheapest option would be sea frieight, but it takes ages. not sure who you would go to to sort that, a kiwi mate that lived in the alps asked me to bring a load of stuff back from the alps to the uk a few years back so it could be collected and sent from the uk which was an easier option. if you are in Wellington, it was Tall Beast, i'd guess if you're in wellington and you ride you'd know who that was!

Hi Lads,

I'm wanting to buy a frame based in the UK to be sent to me in New Zealand but am struggling to find a postage option under £400

surely there a cheaper option?, any help much appreciated

cheers
Find yourself a mule and get them to bring it over.

Sorry, but you can't be any further away from the uk, so short of finding someone woth a shipping container heading your way you are going to be paying for the privlage. Sucks I know.

Under 5kg (which is doable) it's 69,- (nice) from NL.
Over 5kg it's 130,-
Doing a ping pong can be an option.

Yeah I realise it's a long way away but I've had a frame from Italy a couple of years ago for 80 euro, and a frame from the states 2 months ago for 100 USD, but from England seems to be an arm and a leg, £400!

and can't seem to get the royal male site to do the calculation, very reasonably priced Kirk Revolution and I can't get the bloody thing here

Long shot, but if you can find a local company, or better still know someone who works in one, that exports or imports see if they will allow you to pay to use their preferred shipper. Price differential between company rates and private individuals are usually considerable.

When I sent a frame and fork to NZ it cost around £200 I think. That was through ParcelForce. Trying to get the box size down really helps.

thanks for he reply chaps, have decided to flag the frame as it was seeming a bit in the too hard basket.

But I appreciate all your responses :)

Back