Cheap and cheerful tan wall tyres

I've got some and just ordered another pair. Pretty darn heavy but for the price they do look the part. I wouldn't put them on my more expensive bikes but for the cheaper stuff like the Palisades attached they look the part. Cheers for the heads up. I got the last set from them via ebay and going direct they are a couple of quid cheaper so even more of a bargain.

Attachments

• 20210725_152544.jpg
    20210725_152544.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 39
Ideal to put onto any low tier bikes you are selling, I put some on a mediocre Claude Butler I sold the other month, they looked great, the bike wasn't a thoroughbred and for the price they really enhanced the appearance of it and I am sure allowed me to get an extra £25 above what the bike was really worth, however, as mentioned above they weigh a lot and for me if I'm riding a bike, even a scrappy pub bike, tyres matter. I don't think any other single component can affect the feel, the handling and the ride as much and as dramatically as tyres, so I would never buy them for myself to use.

I bought some a few weeks back, they’ve gone onto my ‘86 Apex and certainly look the part. If you’re not bothered about weight/performance then they’re ideal.
They do have a central ridge, so not pure off-road tyres, but if you do a mix of tarmac and gravel paths etc then they’d be ok.
Can’t grumble for the price.

Ideal to put onto any low tier bikes you are selling, I put some on a mediocre Claude Butler I sold the other month, they looked great, the bike wasn't a thoroughbred and for the price they really enhanced the appearance of it and I am sure allowed me to get an extra £25 above what the bike was really worth

This is a sound reason to buy them imo.

I see a lot of vintage mtb's being sold with amber wall Billy Bonkers and other such tyres. I'm sure they're decent riding tyres and are probably a decent weight too but I think they really detract from the overall look

Back