Captain Cowell's '94 Marin Indian Fire Trail

Thanks Dan! Cracked me up there,great selection!πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘
The proper build is complete,but the build thread still pending,just need to get myself into gear for that one.I do get there......in the end!😁

πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” Does a build have to be complete before you start the fred? Just do it as you go along, take a picture here and there, and up load..... Maybe I've been doing it wrong πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

This one should be with the new owner any day now,for the record it went for Β£470 on eBay.Will be living the high life on the tropical isle of GuernseyπŸπŸŒ΄βœ¨πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈβœ¨πŸŒ΄πŸ¦’πŸŒž.
The buyer had seen one in the LBS window,but at 13 and on paper-round income,could never afford it.27 years later,dream realised.Love it!😁

You could spend it on the not-so-tropical island of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. So far today we have had sun, rain, wind, patchy cloud, and my computer tells me "16Β° with rain coming", a typical day, if a little warm. On the way to work this morning I had to wear sun glasses and have the windscreen wipers on at the same time. We had curry last night, so it was just as windy inside the car as it was outside. I remember chatting to someone who had cycled up through Skye, Uist, Harris and Lewis, then back to Ullapool. They were telling me how they couldn't keep up with constantly having to change their clothing between wet weather, dry with wind, or just dry and bloody hot. I used to do a 1.5 hour cycle commute to my Saturday job and I just wore "clothes" πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ. I once cycled from Uist to Callendar for the opening of that part of the Scottish Cyvle Network, cracking scenery but the weather stayed the same πŸ˜‚. Anyway, I digress (and I'm not even from down your way).

I'm sure you'd be grateful for not being from down my way πŸ‘πŸŸπŸ¦€πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§™β€β™€οΈ.And digression is usually to be found on one of my threads,so feel free!Nice to know it's not just me.
The changeable weather/clothes thing made me laugh.Very pleased to hear you wore clothes on the Olympic commuteπŸ₯‡πŸš΅β€β™‚οΈπŸ’¨πŸ˜….Posh kid eh?πŸ§πŸ˜‚That's some going thoughπŸ‘
The changeable weather/clothes thing made me laugh.I imagine there are a lot of jokes about weather there.Just like there are a lot of jokes about fish,hookers and crack here.I'm sure you're a bit more hardy than us southerners/mainlanders.Here in Lincolnshire we tend to miss the worst of it really.And down the coast it's so flat you can look out of your door on Monday and know the weather for Friday.
Must be stunning up there,and some fantastic riding.I do like my summers though,the longer/warmer the better for me.That's what I would miss.
Regarding the build thread,you're exactly right.For some reason I decided to 'build and show'.Was always like it as a kid with Lego creations/drawing etc.Didn't want anyone to see it till I was finished.And I was happy with it!
I do follow threads here and there but personally I prefer to read a build in one hit.If I had the choice of watching a blockbuster at the cinema or a week of Eastenders,I know where I'd be.Don't really have an interest in reading updates of postal deliveries.But then it's highly likely I've bored more than one person to tears myself😴.Thankfully,something for everyone here!
I'll get my arse into gear and sort the next one.
Welcome to the forum by the way!Hope you have as good an experience as I've had.I'm pretty sure there's a few members on here from the Islands.And through the magic of text,we can all understand each other!Well,most of the timeπŸ˜‰.God knows what we'd all be like on ZoomπŸ€¬πŸ€”.Hope you're enjoying it so far,highly addictive stuff in case you haven't been warned.Sold my Gran last week for a pair of inner tubes.But it's all worth it!
Plus,it's weeks since she passed.

I'm sure you'd be grateful for not being from down my way πŸ‘πŸŸπŸ¦€πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§™β€β™€οΈ.And digression is usually to be found on one of my threads,so feel free!Nice to know it's not just me.
The changeable weather/clothes thing made me laugh.Very pleased to hear you wore clothes on the Olympic commuteπŸ₯‡πŸš΅β€β™‚οΈπŸ’¨πŸ˜….Posh kid eh?πŸ§πŸ˜‚That's some going thoughπŸ‘
The changeable weather/clothes thing made me laugh.I imagine there are a lot of jokes about weather there.Just like there are a lot of jokes about fish,hookers and crack here.I'm sure you're a bit more hardy than us southerners/mainlanders.Here in Lincolnshire we tend to miss the worst of it really.And down the coast it's so flat you can look out of your door on Monday and know the weather for Friday.
Must be stunning up there,and some fantastic riding.I do like my summers though,the longer/warmer the better for me.That's what I would miss.
Regarding the build thread,you're exactly right.For some reason I decided to 'build and show'.Was always like it as a kid with Lego creations/drawing etc.Didn't want anyone to see it till I was finished.And I was happy with it!
I do follow threads here and there but personally I prefer to read a build in one hit.If I had the choice of watching a blockbuster at the cinema or a week of Eastenders,I know where I'd be.Don't really have an interest in reading updates of postal deliveries.But then it's highly likely I've bored more than one person to tears myself😴.Thankfully,something for everyone here!
I'll get my arse into gear and sort the next one.
Welcome to the forum by the way!Hope you have as good an experience as I've had.I'm pretty sure there's a few members on here from the Islands.And through the magic of text,we can all understand each other!Well,most of the timeπŸ˜‰.God knows what we'd all be like on ZoomπŸ€¬πŸ€”.Hope you're enjoying it so far,highly addictive stuff in case you haven't been warned.Sold my Gran last week for a pair of inner tubes.But it's all worth it!
Plus,it's weeks since she passed.
Ah well here’s the thing, well two things actually: Lincolnshire isn’t that far south really, not like proper south. The other thing is although I live on a Scottish island now, I am not an islander, I am from the West Midlands. The good old Black Country, Stourbridge. Although I have lived up here for well over half my life, so I guess I’m acclimatised to the conditions. As for the Olympic commute, that’s just part of it up here too, everything is chuffin far away so you’d better get going. It does make it a pain when you see something you want and the seller won’t post though! Two ferry trips and a few hours drive to collect a frame or some forks can really ruin a potential purchase. But hey-ho, that’s what you get for living here! I guess the views are okay, I’ve never really been one for β€œviews” or β€œscenery” so wouldn’t know a good one if I saw it. The riding tends to be a bit different up here, it’s mostly peat and moor land so usually wet and boggy unless man-made. There are some very good walking routes, and there’s a good selection of trails in the Lews Castle Grounds. Anyway, I’ve rambled on enough. Get that build thread up!

Back