Cannondale Super V500

BGR1978

Dirt Disciple
1998 Cannondale Super V500 VS. £250 OVNO.

I restore older bikes as a hobby and I have always wanted to restore one of these beauties. I bought this with the intention of keeping it but, very sadly, it's just not big enough for me as I am 6 foot 4.

I have restored it nearly to its former glory as it was a garage find and hadn't been ridden in a long time.

It's had many new parts and hours of love spent on it. I've ridden it over 20 miles since completing it and it rides really nicely - brings a smile to my face even if it is too small.

Two issues are - there is a bit of a buckle in the rear wheel. Two cogs on the cassette skip under very heavy pedalling but only a small bit. I hope to get a new cassette and the wheel trued before Friday.

Parts are as follows:

Super V500 VSL Dark blue and gunmetal grey frame.
Cannondale P-Bone M Headshok. (Was stuck but now works well. Full degrease, cleanse and regrease has unlocked its beauty. New shock boot as well.)
Original CODA stem and top cap.
Titec Hellbent riser bars.
New grips
Shimano Servo-wave Brake levers.
Shimano Deore shifters.
Shimano LX V brakes front and rear. Front are a new addition. Rear are original.
Fox Vanilla 750x150 rear shock. Works well.
Deore XT hubs
Mustang rims (rear A-Sym)
Shimano Deore LX Hollowtech cranks. Good rings.
Shimano XT front and rear mechs.
Sakae seatpost
Team Velo Titanium railed saddle
CODA QR seat clamp.
Crank Brothers Mallet SPD pedals.
New KMC chain
Brand new Schwalbe Rapid Rob 26x2.1 tyres (20 miles)

Happy to post at buyer's expense. I have a bike box ready and waiting and can take apart for boxing and postage. I will give it another good clean and polish before it is shipped. Collection also fine by me.

Please message me if you've got any questions. I would love to keep it but I am just too heavy and tall for it.

I can't attach pictures as the files are too big. Please message if interested.

Back