Cannondale Killer V(T) 900 build thread

Vesatoro

Cannondale Fan
I have always admired the first generation of Killer V frames in polished aluminum with the canti dropout, so it was to be my next project. Bought a project frameset (KV900) from a member here. Not a perfect or mint example, with a bit crimped seat tube. The bike has seen some life and generations, so it can, and shall, not be hidden.

So, the first thing of course was to photograph and document the starting point. The frame was without any big flaws, apart from the light crimping of the seat tube and some marks on upper seatstays. After polishing, they will show less, but be there, and it must be accepted. The bottom bracket (UN51) when attached to the frame did not feel too good, but after remofing spinned nice and free. Maybe tightened a bit too much, as a drill was required to detach? The headset was a combination of Tange (lower) and Diacompe (upper), but seems to work ok that way.

The decals were in poor shape, so replacing them is the plan. Going to design a bit of custom decals, with my initials (VT) on them, as it's not going to be catalogue specced anyway. The decals on the first generation a bit too simplistic (done in a hurry?) for the bike, compared to the other -94 models.

I have not yet decided if to strip the fork and repaint it, or leave as it is. It's in fairly good condition with some touch-up repair paintings.

Attachments

• IMG_9316.JPEG
    IMG_9316.JPEG
    272.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Seat tube USA.JPEG
    Seat tube USA.JPEG
    260.7 KB · Views: 51
  • head badge.JPEG
    head badge.JPEG
    257.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Pepperoni.JPEG
    Pepperoni.JPEG