Can anyone tell me anything about this Aende?

cargojoe

Retro Newbie
This Aende came up locally on Gumtree, and living in Nottingham I had to buy it!

20210421_141640.jpg

I've seen various chats on here about Aende bikes, so I'm hopeful someone will be able to tell me a bit about it. There's a number plate riveted under the BB shell, but it's illegible. Seller told me the spokes have been replaced as the butted spokes kept breaking, and the rear brake was also replaced at some point, as was the bar tape.

No drilled lugs sadly...

20210421_142037.jpg

and the top of the seat tube is a mess...

20210421_141847.jpg

Any info would be welcome!

Not an Aende, sorry. 70's ish frame but not sure what. Wouldn’t like to ride it looking at the seat cluster

Last edited:
I have 3 Pongo frames and lusted after them in the 70's. Only ever had shot in seat stays, no frame number, no chainstay strengthener, mostly drilled lugs, fag paper clearance, no mudguard eyes, plus a few other things.

The pic in the OP would suggest a factory frame.

Thanks for taking the time to reply folks.

I paid £25, which I figured was cheap enough that I could make that back by breaking it up if it turned out to be a lemon (or indeed a generic frame!)

I've seen photos of other bikes with Aende decals that don't have those features - lugless, for example. What other frames did he build?

I have 3 Pongo frames and lusted after them in the 70's. Only ever had shot in seat stays, no frame number, no chainstay strengthener, mostly drilled lugs, fag paper clearance, no mudguard eyes, plus a few other things.

The pic in the OP would suggest a factory frame.
I would add the 'cheap' fork crown, rear ends and seat bolt fitting to that. I suppose £25 isn't to bad a price for the complete bike.

Blimey, I was worried you paid hundreds! I guess if you don't ride it selling the stem will recoup half your spend lol

Aende later frames were lugless plus the odd MTB jobby. But always remembered for short wheelbase 70's TT frame with bits of metal drilled or cut out :)

Back