Withdrawn Campagnolo monoplaner brakes - Chorus/Athena

Yes, of course. I’m not 100% sure and I wouldn’t be using them for quite a while anyway, so there’s certainly no rush.

Righto, found the missing bits now, so here's some more pics:

And as for a price, I've decided on £30 for them, plus postage.

Thanks @walkmanman - I think actually the bolts are a bit worse that I would like, so I will pass on the brakes. I'm being a little picky as they will be for a newly painted frame. However, I would actually be interested in just the brake shoes if you'd sell just those for £12 posted? I understand of course if you prefer not to split them. Thanks.

Sure, yes I guess the condition of the bolts would stand out against the minty condition of your frame. Just a shame you've seen two sets of these brakes in a row and no joy yet:) But re the brake shoes,, yes really I'd rather not split them. Just that they're so nice (even compared to the Campag originals that are now rare as gold dust on their own!) that they offset the average condition of the brakes IMO:)

Sure, yes I guess the condition of the bolts would stand out against the minty condition of your frame. Just a shame you've seen two sets of these brakes in a row and no joy yet:) But re the brake shoes,, yes really I'd rather not split them. Just that they're so nice (even compared to the Campag originals that are now rare as gold dust on their own!) that they offset the average condition of the brakes IMO:)

Yes, totally agree. I'm going to have rethink and try reconditioning my Veloce (1st generation 1993) brakes instead. As these had a painted finish (sort of champagne gold) I'll try a respray of them. Might not work at all but I'll give it a go, I think.

Yeah, might be a good way to go. IMO a lot of the painted Campag kit doesn't age too well, so probably best to try and respray them. I have just discovered a Veloce monoplaner single brake I forgot I had. I don't think it's the early generation one you have, but besides that it's a horrible drab grey colour so I'm sure a respray would beat that even if it doesn't look entirely original:)

Back