Bubble car!

t47b

rBotM Winner
I posted pics of my Swiss Imholz bike project, but this was an aside to my main project, a 1956 BMW Isetta 300.

Here are some photos...

imagejpg1-5.jpg

A bit of engine adjustment...Before...

DSC04137.jpg

After...

DSC02008.jpg

Re:

Looking good had a few models of micro cars over the years, that colour is nice and the engine build looks mint my biggest regret due to a young family 20 years ago I let go 2x blue BMW 600s enough to make one car they went to holland and as part of the deal I got a BMW 700 I used to phone a different main dealer for mot and watch their face when they thought they were doing a 7 series :)
Think I still have books and repair books ect to be honest I don't think I will need them so when we have finished decorating and get the house back to normal if I let you no postage costs have them when your done pass them on as good to keep any micro car on the road.
Good luck with the build.
Papillon.

Re:

The colour is Reseda Green. I am still running in the engine so keeping the top speed down to 38 mph, which seems fast enough anyway! Been faster on my bike :D

When you have time to look out the books I would be really interested to see them. I have a friend here in Portugal who has a blue 600, I will dig out a photo of it and post it here for you.

H

Here it is...

imagejpg1-9.jpg

Re:

Hi nice photo of the 600 yes give me a week or two and I will sort the books out till I start hunting I don't remember what I have! Have included a photo of me and the wife 24 years ago in a Peel :)
Papillon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,949
Re:

Handy having a size 8 wife and credit to her at 45 she is a 10 :)
Now I will have to hunt out some other old micro photos
Papillon.

Re:

Nice to have a wife that fits in your car, I have a car that fits in the roads around where I live :D

DSC01582.jpg

Re:

It is one of the German built bubble which all had four wheels, the ones built in Brighton nearly all had three wheels so that it could pay lower road tax, I believe the original italian ISO had three wheels but was considered to be a bit unstable :D

Back