BSA Tour de France Mk2 Resurrection

Re:

The Prima weighed in at 10.4kg (or 23lbs in real money). I think I described it as a light-heavyweight! But it rode pretty lively actually. It came as somewhat short of a full set so many added parts were not true to the original although generally of its time.

Loved following along with this and really like how it was restored to like new, same colour, same components but wow what a difference. Really lovely.
I do like the light blue one and imagine that would look amazing returned to as new.
Keep up the great work as it is inspiring me to get my BSA Golden Vase out the loft and do something with it. I have a few things already keeping me procrastinating, but maybe one for the winter.

Jamie

The History Man":1p32ce4n said:
Definitely worth the effort. Lovely job. Must’ve been a big schoolboy?
Thanks I'm pleased with it and yes he must of been, they get too well fed round our way.
Jamiedyer":1p32ce4n said:
Loved following along with this and really like how it was restored to like new, same colour, same components but wow what a difference. Really lovely.
I do like the light blue one and imagine that would look amazing returned to as new.
Keep up the great work as it is inspiring me to get my BSA Golden Vase out the loft and do something with it. I have a few things already keeping me procrastinating, but maybe one for the winter.

Jamie
Thanks and yes I think the little upgrades have added to it without being obvious that I have changed it a little. Sadly no one does the decals for the light blue one yet Jamie and I think they're too far gone to get decent copies from but it can stay in the shed, its stripped down ready to go so I might clean all the bits I can over the winter in readiness for doing something with it next year.

Edit. How about a new category for RBoTM? Gas pipe specials. Just a thought.

Re:

It sounds disrespectful to call it a gas pipe special.
That’s a great idea for a theme, watch this space ;)

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":3gxsfy7r said:
It sounds disrespectful to call it a gas pipe special.
That’s a great idea for a theme, watch this space ;)

Jamie
How about tubo del gas speciale?

As a little update to this thread, I've finally done something with the later BSA TDF I have (that's on page 3).

I'm not sure its really in keeping with what I do with most of my bikes but it does get a lot of admiring glances from chaps of a certain age, I'm also sure I hear the phrase "Just NO" emanating from their spouses as I cruise past.

later tdf.jpg

Latest posts

Back