BSA frame numbering?

I also have an old black tandem, I have no room for
They are quite hard to date precisely, numbering was very random. Does your bike (either of them) have gears on the rear wheel? I can’t tell from the pictures. If they do and it’s a Sturmey Archer hub, there’ll be a date stamp on it for the year (e.g 53 for 1953) It can help give you an idea.
in addition Raleigh took over building them in 1957 so if yours had mudguard bolt holes on the rear dropouts (where the back wheel fixes in) on the top, it’s likely made after then. Are there any other names on the parts and if you have the head badge that can also help narrow it down.
And a tandem you say. Would like to see pictures of that!
Edit. Also, are there any numbers stamped on the top of tube just below the seat post?

They are quite hard to date precisely, numbering was very random. Does your bike (either of them) have gears on the rear wheel? I can’t tell from the pictures. If they do and it’s a Sturmey Archer hub, there’ll be a date stamp on it for the year (e.g 53 for 1953) It can help give you an idea.
in addition Raleigh took over building them in 1957 so if yours had mudguard bolt holes on the rear dropouts (where the back wheel fixes in) on the top, it’s likely made after then. Are there any other names on the parts and if you have the head badge that can also help narrow it down.
And a tandem you say. Would like to see pictures of that!
Edit. Also, are there any numbers stamped on the top of tube just below the seat post?

Back