British Steel

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
britishsteel.png

Here’s my projects for 2012.

To celebrate the year of the Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics I thought I’d take on some British bikes :cool:

A Dave Lloyd CATS WISKAS and a Dave Yates DONKIS NOB :D

I am thinking the builds are going to be as follows:

➡️Lloyd:

Euro Build, Campag Groupo, Conti Tyres, Pace RC35s, USE bars/bars ends/stem. Its going to be converted to cantis on the rear as the disc mount is pig ugly IMO. This frame has been in the wars, it has a few holes in the seat stays and a fat in the head tube….. not going to be a cheap bill at Argos!! I have a plan for a paint job on this :cool: Still need to get some Mavic wishbone shifters ;)

➡️Yates:

M900/M73X mix - with Middleburn RS3s, thumbies and m733 levers not sure about the finishing kit :? I am going to build this with the paint as is for now – it’s not that bad and the Lloyd is going to soak up a lot of money I think! When it does come to paint it will be a similar colour, and I’d love some RC30s for it. The older ones with the full 531 blades – these I will have flouro yellow :D (if I ever find any!)

Here’s some pics – would appreciate some of your thoughts on the builds too :D

dsc0115qf.jpg

dsc0116n.jpg

dsc0106zq.jpg

dsc0107d.jpg

dsc0108na.jpg

dsc0109yl.jpg

dsc0110ln.jpg

dsc0111tew.jpg

dsc0112xe.jpg

dsc0113vw.jpg

:shock: :shock: Mate, i couldnt even get to your spec"s before having the massive urge to post.... :cool:

You have "Two" of the "three" from a MONUMENTAL time in the history of British steel mountain bike Frame Building imho.....,

You have style and The Skills..........

I am in awe..... :mrgreen:

The British Steel war is upon us................., and your timing is exceptional...!!!

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

fantastic i'd love the time and facilities to take these on myself.

One minor thing - your donkis nob's too small :D

....i'll get my coat :roll:

seriously aren't the forks on the worng bikes?

can't wait to see these developed
And

If it's to celebrate the Queen then you should build from the Empire, not Europe (who they only really had wars with))

India, Hong Kong, Canada and Malaysia and Eastern USA should see fit for most of it ;)

FluffyChicken":1fwltsxj said:
If it's to celebrate the Queen then you should build from the Empire, not Europe (who they only really had wars with))

India, Hong Kong, Canada and Malaysia and Eastern USA should see fit for most of it ;)

Well, strictly speaking if its the Queen you're celebrating, you should be buying German :)

Archemist":1c0lu4p0 said:
One minor thing - your donkis nob's too small :D

Yes my 'NOB is a bit wee :D

Archemist":1c0lu4p0 said:
seriously aren't the forks on the worng bikes?

Yep - the RC35s currently have a 1 1/4" steerer - they won't fit in the Wiskas, the shockblades are in to hold the frame up D

sinnerman":1c0lu4p0 said:
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

I'll drink to that :D

Please get some pics of your UK bikes up here too for inspiration :D Lloyd, Zinn, Roberts, Orange - bring them all in :D

theredchili":1c0lu4p0 said:
well you know I will always take the fruit off your hands ;)

Nice try - that little gem completes the 2012 UK trio :D

We_are_Stevo":1c0lu4p0 said:
My pocket is limited to my Raleigh now; and to think I used to work for British Steel too... :oops:

Raleigh's are all good - one day I will find another Moonrun - post some pics up here too :D Crying shame British Steel sold off to another foreign company :roll: still at least we still make err um Dysons - no, no we don't even do that oh yeah we do 'services' and 'derivatives'...

Any pics of British Steel bikes welcome on here lets see 'em :D

Back