British Eagle Domo! 531 mountain bike

L-Painter

Dirt Disciple
Picked this British Eagle mountain bike frame and forks off Facebook market place for £30 and built up with some spare parts.

Looking forward to riding this once I add some brake pads!

Done a small amount of googling but haven’t found much information about these frames so thought I’d share.

Attachments

• 5C8B6777-B19A-4F42-A807-168906429BDC.jpeg
    5C8B6777-B19A-4F42-A807-168906429BDC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 6C82A7C2-ADBC-47BA-9924-1E2890DA1BC5.jpeg
    6C82A7C2-ADBC-47BA-9924-1E2890DA1BC5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Ram rod forks! Do they work?

I Remember these from the catalogue bitd. A mate had the bottom end model with 200gs.

I’m surprised but they do! Seems to be in good condition and have a lot of spring left in them. Do you know what year they are from?

I got one of these a while back for £20. If I'm honest I only wanted the DX groupset which was fitted and gave the frame away. I think I still have the forks, although mine don't work, but if you want any spares they are yours for the price of postage.

I've got a very similar Summit which I built up as a single speed. It rides really well - good bikes IMO despite the zero cred.

Must be 92 or so

British eagle persevered with traditional lugged frames when everyone else had gone Tig welded, so were left behind a bit when geometry started changing.

They were not cool bitd, they kind of filled a value segment, i.e you could get this with DX and suspension for the price of a rigid LX bike elsewhere.

It is what it is, there is nothing wrong with it at all, but the forks weren't a patch on rockshox of the day and maybe seen as a gimmick.

I got one of these a while back for £20. If I'm honest I only wanted the DX groupset which was fitted and gave the frame away. I think I still have the forks, although mine don't work, but if you want any spares they are yours for the price of postage.
Ah that’s a shame, guess it’s a gamble buying forks that are that old!

Back