Brighton Big Dog, August 13th, AFTERMATH ! !

BobCatMax":2m75hgbh said:

Cheers mate,

Looking at my lap times, I think Splatter Paint needs a new partner! :oops: :facepalm:

I was losing time, hand over fist. Time to hang up my racing wheels. Or train.

Mike

al-onestare":3odvkqvq said:
Hiya. Couple of questions:

Compared to Mayhem, is the course similar in technicality and challenge?
What are the facilities like compared to Mayhem?
Do you have to go in pairs or teams or can you go solo?

As you can tell, I'm interested for next year as it's easier to get to and doesn't last as long! Six hours sounds challenging enough without verging into 'why the hell am I doing this' :LOL:

Pairs, threes, solos, mixed, fat, vet, grand master all have categories. As well as female solo, pairs, mixed teams. But last time I saw you, you were a bloke! :shock:
More technical than Mayhem.
Mobile loos.

You wouldn't want to do it solo without knowing the terrain.

Mike

6 (?) mile course this year and as I understand it the best so far. It's quite similar to the last time I raced 3 years ago.

lots and lots of ups and downs. around 800 (+/-) feet of climbing in that 6 miles. lots of tight singletrack, very very rooty in parts. some nasty off camber bits too

Re:

Well done to all those that entered :) sorry I couldn't make it along :( usual s**t got in the way :/ hope to see a good few of you Sunday!! :)
Mick

Re:

67275457-1461-BigDog-130816.jpg

Me 'barking at the tree' :D

Re:

It was a good day - barring the puncture :evil: Good job Mike, great pictures!

I loved the course, definitely needed a bit a of boing up front, but still great on a retro - especially with those bloody trees! I actually laughed out loud at a bloke on a fat bike with WIDE bars trying to thread his way through :LOL: The off-camber, down-hill jumps concentrated the mind but were still cool. I got loads of positive comments about the bike - and matching jersey, one guy even asked if he could take pictures!

Thumbs up to South Coast Bikes for the use of their allen keys and pointing out the headsets on BOTH my bikes were loose!

SP

Re:

Looking at the lap times Mike, the flat was the least of our worries mate!

Still feel like I've let you down , TBH

Part of me wants to build up a light hardtail, the other part wants to stop racing

Mike

Back