Brian's Bike

Re: Re:

iveto1983":24g1pyxn said:
It's a decent looking bike, and a nice tribute to your friend.

I'm a big fan of these style bars. How do you find them? I find going back to straighter bars weird now.

Considering your habit for building multicoloured bikes, you've also got some really aesthetically pleasing bikes in your stable.
Thank you for your kind words.

The bars are very similar in ride position to the ones on my salsa el mar and fell much more comfortable than a flatter straighter option.

As for the builds, I like to build the odd bit of technicolor stupidity for light relief and for the joy of it. Also to break down the 'garage queen' period perfect approach that can be a little inhibitive to me. I can build 'normally' if i'm so inclined. The main thing is that when I ride I smile, and when I look down, I should smile even more!

Re:

I'm glad to hear your experience with the bars matches mine. I find them even comfier angled down at about 19°, so they're almost pointing towards the rear axle. It seems to help me with shock absorption as my arms aren't so straight.

Your points about your builds make complete sense. Our bikes should bring us joy and if we can inject them with a little personality, it's even better.

Note to self: do not remove front crud catcher cable tie with a Stanley knife. When it cuts through there is a high risk of cutting the nearby front hydraulic brake cable. :facepalm:

Attachments

• 4EB603D6-0F2F-4846-86DE-93D12451AB2D.jpeg
    4EB603D6-0F2F-4846-86DE-93D12451AB2D.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 539
Just caught this one, is this going to be your chosen ride on our next trip out?

Latest posts

Back