Brian's Bike

Usual first ride up to Cleeve Common. Are all cable disc brakes created equal? These promax calipers were pretty awful even once they improved a little with bedding in. Would it be worth changing them?

bf19a4118c53383d02e7c89e9c9d86e2_zpsyz2nlnmv.jpg

Hi mate , that's a wonderful view and obviously the Briamondback did pretty well with the exception of the brakes so regards the brakes poor performance well tbh i've never used disc brakes so i've no experience to refer to as such but i suspect the issue is probably the pads not being as good as quality as they should be being that it's an entry level bike so if you've got some decent spare one's that will fit then i'd change them over unless it's the cabling that's dragging in the housing which in that case means a bit of a lube to smooth the pulling action out .

No THM, all cable discs are not created equal and I'd go so far as to say the BB7s are the only show in town in that category.

Re:

I would have suggested bb7's which are great and i wouldn't of thought any others are worth bothering with.

BB7'S can be a bit faffy at times a bit like when you remove a wheel then put it back and your v brakes decide they don't want to line up with the wheel anymore :LOL:

I doubt the tektro ones will be much better unfortunately.

Kyle

Will see how I go. Trouble is it has combed levers/shifters so next step hydraulic with a change.

Re:

I know what you mean that's why i went bb7 rather than hydraulic. I think i paid £48 roughly for two calipers and two g3 rotors from hong kong off ebay, arrived in a week!

Hopefully the ones you've ordered will give some improvement.

Latest posts

Back