Boulder starship. SOLD

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For sale today is my beautiful Boulder Starship, it dates from 1995 and has very low miles on it. Its a fairly big old fellow best suited to a rider 6ft 1" through to about 6ft 4", I am just shy of 6 ft 2" and it is set up correctly for myself as you see it.

Xt 8 speed group with the exception of a mcmahon steely danz tubular steel chain set. Marzocchi Dh3's, flite saddle (or a ti san marco bontrager if you prefer), control tech seat pin, syncros hinged stem, race face risers, ritchey grips, and modern panaracer razor 2.3 folding tyres.

Spinergy spox wheels now fitted instead of the mavic/hopes that were in the original pics, purple fast feather titanium qr's in there too.

Please ignore the 50 pence pedals and clips, they will not be included unless you really want them!

A few chips here and there but generally speaking its in very presentable condition, the bike sat unused in a dry yorkshire barn for 18 years or so, it came to me with roughly 100 miles on the clock. A rare old beast which is rarely seen especially in this condition, its Risse shock is in good nick, parts are still available and Risse will still service it if you return it to the factory. All the frame pivots and fastenings are smooth and tight and can easily be fabricated should you ever need them in the future.

Bike as shown inc grim pedals clips and bell weighs 26lb 3oz on my scales.

£749 Posted within mainland UK. Highlands and islands will be a touch more i'm afraid.

******Trying to organise a wedding and scrape together some £££'s so one last punt at £550 before this goes away and some titanium goes up on the block instead :cry: *********

The bells of love are ringing and there's no money in the pot******Will listen to offers for this******(as long as they are not stupid!)

Ta

***********NOW SOLD THANKS***********

Attachments

• b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,926
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,926
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,925
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,926
Re:

Sorry about the dirty pictures...............

Check out the concealed shock, it makes the rear end incredibly stiff, the linkage is from a commercially available machine chain so again its old but you can service/replace parts if you drop them through the crack in the floorboards.

The main pivot is in a fairly modern (sensible) place so it climbs without bob, its main pivot is so wide it is a far cry from many of the twisty squirmy bouncy bikes of the day.

Look at the width across the rear dropouts, with the xt mech thats supplied the tubes sit wider than the mech itself, its the 20th century alternative to using a shadow mech!

These wee fellows were imported by sshockwave in the UK and retailed for £1799.00 for the bare frame.

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,214
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,214
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,214
Re: Boulder Starship inc mcmahon cranks, flite, controltech £649

Great Bike - could you please indicate the head tube & top tube length?

THX

I will get you some measurements when I can get my hands on it tomorrow
D

Re:

Head tube is 125mm
Top tube is 600mm

Can do the bike for £750 with a pair of spinergy spox wheels if you are put off by the hopes

Hi,

thank you for giving the specs. I really would like to buy this bike, but there is no way, it it is simply too small for my size of 6 ft 6".

Best wishes

Back