BotM October 2020 - Nominations thread

‘What’s that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? Is it a monster?’

Haha....Couldn’t resist...

I really like that Yeti!

Re:

3onner's 1991 Alpinestars Al-Mega DX

Built this up from nothing but a frame.
No build thread yet to share....but really fun finding the parts, especially the forks + steerer.

Could have easily started to paint parts I found to match and de anodise bits considered to be the 'wrong colour' but as I started to build it I have gone for the 'built as found' approach...keeping all parts as original as possible.

Neat touches on this are the cable guide adaptors (the paint in the cable guides needing a little sanding for a neat fit) and the original pearlesant white cable outers to match the frame paint.....its the small things......

Attachments

• 83D3E9A1-1CA4-4A83-ADC1-DB2D4C3625E2.jpeg
    83D3E9A1-1CA4-4A83-ADC1-DB2D4C3625E2.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 2,125
  • BC3969D5-647A-4A24-8B69-35F9300146BD.jpeg
    BC3969D5-647A-4A24-8B69-35F9300146BD.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 2,125
Wicked looking! Damn shame there’s no build thread to show the Subtle work you described - and kudos for all original and uNtouched with subtle work

Re: Re:

3onner":uiot9c9m said:
3onner's 1991 Alpinestars Al-Mega DX

Built this up from nothing but a frame.
No build thread yet to share....but really fun finding the parts, especially the forks + steerer.

Could have easily started to paint parts I found to match and de anodise bits considered to be the 'wrong colour' but as I started to build it I have gone for the 'built as found' approach...keeping all parts as original as possible.

Neat touches on this are the cable guide adaptors (the paint in the cable guides needing a little sanding for a neat fit) and the original pearlesant white cable outers to match the frame paint.....its the small things......

What a bike! But PLEASE find another seatpost for it.

Back