BotM, November 2020 nominations thread DIRT DROPS SPECIAL

Re:

Id Like to Nominate this lady, simply because............................................

Attachments

• How Right she was.....jpg
    How Right she was.....jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,500
  • jacquie phelan.jpg
    jacquie phelan.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,499
I’ve enjoyed seeing the different bikes listed this month and I’m still undecided who my vote will rest with but it has been good to see people’s incarnations.

My Muddy Fox doesn’t intend to cause any offence but all I thought is that it fitted the title. So many are experimenting with drops on old large frames and even toying with bigger 700c wheels (if able to fit) so I thought ‘hey, this bike I’ve recently acquired as a thing of interest and rarity fits that title’. I thought it bold of Muddy Fox to push this in 1990.

It certainly won’t qualify for any other title likely to be seen on here so I thought it apt to show it off in its original glory.

The threat of the deadline has forced me to complete it and I thoroughly love the fact it’s different and capable. I hadnt seen another until I started searching on google but even then, one of the three I found was actually confirmed to be this one.

If people do not think it fits the title of this month then I will not take any offence whatsoever and wish the best of luck to all those who’ve entered this month with every bike here being a little quirky and interesting.

All the best everyone.....

Andy

Glad to see momentum to this months nominations. Great theme - one of the least exploited and refined twist of mountain biking.

prezza":2uac4hbq said:
I’ve enjoyed seeing the different bikes listed this month and I’m still undecided who my vote will rest with but it has been good to see people’s incarnations.

My Muddy Fox doesn’t intend to cause any offence but all I thought is that it fitted the title. So many are experimenting with drops on old large frames and even toying with bigger 700c wheels (if able to fit) so I thought ‘hey, this bike I’ve recently acquired as a thing of interest and rarity fits that title’. I thought it bold of Muddy Fox to push this in 1990.

It certainly won’t qualify for any other title likely to be seen on here so I thought it apt to show it off in its original glory.

The threat of the deadline has forced me to complete it and I thoroughly love the fact it’s different and capable. I hadnt seen another until I started searching on google but even then, one of the three I found was actually confirmed to be this one.

If people do not think it fits the title of this month then I will not take any offence whatsoever and wish the best of luck to all those who’ve entered this month with every bike here being a little quirky and interesting.

All the best everyone.....

Andy

Andy, i think it fits the theme perfectly, it rides in the dirt and has drop bars, it couldn't be more fitting imho.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":h4xipxy6 said:
Id Like to Nominate this lady, simply because............................................
Huh if I ever convert a bike to drops again, it will sure have this shallow bars.))

Agreed prezza! The Fox looks great, love those colours. I’m enjoying seeing all the other great builds in this thread!

Haven't put a build thread together yet for this one and you'll probably all call it out for being too modern - but at its heart, it is a 1994 Pine Mountain frame and rockstar forks. Wheels from the same bike - but everything else has been upgraded (sorry) so I can take the little one out on longer trips no she has outgrown her seat

Attachments

• 20201108_101258.jpg
    20201108_101258.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,426
  • IMG-20201108-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20201108-WA0004.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 1,426
I like the colour choice for the frame and decals :)

As a side note, could you remove one of th eimages please (it's a 2 pic max)

raidan73":2qv8ceis said:
I like the colour choice for the frame and decals :)

As a side note, could you remove one of th eimages please (it's a 2 pic max)

Oops sorry. Removed

Yes frame and decals a nod to marins zolatone roots

Back